Friday, July 27, 2007

The Inside, not the Outside

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Thinking back to last night at CG, we broke up into pairs to pray with. I was with Catlyn. My prayer was really elaborate with tons of adjectives. Then she prayed for me. She only 9, k? Her prayer was simple yet touching and I realized that beautiful descriptive words don't matter. What is in the heart does and that's what really counts. I still remember that simple prayer a little boy at 7.7.07 prayed, "God thank you for my body parts" So simple, yet he was really thankful.

Remember devotions on Thursday? Both oranges felt the same.. They looked the same even if no one dared touch them! But when I started to peel the first orange, what was inside? Mud...it stunk, my hands stunk, everything did. But when I started to peel the second, it was clean fresh ... smelled delicious...

Everyone loves gifts, right? Gifts are nice, thoughtful, wonderful to receive. But what really touches you most? Actions, or gifts? The first one because it from the heart. It's from the inside and not the outside.

So today, just remember, the inside counts, not the outside. Descriptive words don't matter to God. Our outward appearance He doesn't see. Giving God our very best does not matter he wants our actions. He only sees out inside. He only sees your heart. He doesn't want anything else. Only your inside, not your outside.

Father, You only see my inside. You don't look at anything else. You don't care how my outward appearance looks like, you don't care how many descriptive words I use in my prayers to you. You only care for my inside, my heart. Mold me and shape me, Father. That my inside will be pure and holy when you come and look inside.

No comments: