Friday, March 14, 2008

He's carrying me

 

I appear like a spot in the horizon to you.
When you try following, my footprints stop suddenly.
Now you can't follow me, you see only one set of footprints.
But you can't follow them, they are way to big for my feet.
And you wonder where I've gone..

And when I turned around to look back at the footprints in the sand, I noticed that at many times along the path of my life, especially at the very lowest and saddest times, there was only one set of footprints.

“Lord, you said once I decided to follow you, You’d walk with me all the way. But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life, there was only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.”

"My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of suffering,
when you could see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

No comments: