Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Why, you're only a mouse!"

"You humans have no imagination!"

Yes, I gotta watch Prince Caspian yesterday night. I mean, I was dying to watch it ever since I knew it was coming out. I'm a BIG Narnia fan. With the whole collection of books, I literally knew the whole story even before I watched the movie. The bummer was that they changed the movie so much, it hardly followed the book. It's more like the story was edited, they cut and pasted parts all over in the movie, making it totally different from the book. Still, it was great. It was never in the book that Caspian and Susan had "a thing for each other." As Susan said, "After all, I'm a thousand years older than you." Still, it was romantic. hahahaa. =P

Other than that, I expected Caspian to be much younger. I mean, he looked older than Peter. I had always imagined some small guy who was very young. 12ish? xD Well, he was quite handsome and smarter than I imagined. I have no idea, I was imagining that he couldn't fight very well. hahaa. And Susan was really pretty.

It's really Biblical if you've read the story before. Else, it wouldn't sound very Biblical. Still, if you can see the lesson in it, yes!

And Reepicheep was just as I imagined. As adorable as Lucy thought he was, and full of dignity. Lucy: "Why he's so cute." Reepicheep: "Excuse me, who said that?!?" HAHA.

Lastly, but obviously not last, when Aslan tells Lucy..

"Things never happen the same way a second time, Lu.

OMG. How true. *sighs*

Okay, I'm getting off the subject. Let's rewind. I went to watch Prince Caspian with my family to celebrate my sister's birthday. So yea. That brings us to her birthday..

Thanks for being such a great Jie jie.
You've been through all my hard times with me, and even though you scold and fret, it's only because you love me that much. Love you too. :)

--
It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry

I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never
Been this way before

All you can do is try to know
Who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light

You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and now one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget

Let your memories grow stronger ans stronger
'Til they're before your eyes

You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye

No comments: