Friday, January 1, 2010

Conclusions and Resolutions

The last day of 2009, how freaky. I can't believe the year's almost over. It just seems like it went by way to fast and now, we have a whole new year ahead of us. But 2009 has its beautiful memories, doesn't it? Time to retrack.

January 2009 - The start of a new school year, I was put into the senior's class with Ms Cath and Mr Nicholas as our supervisors. Of course, there's that whole process of adjusting and blah, but January is a good month for that. First time I had Bee as a neighbor, and it definitely turned out like a good combination. As my sister says, "Haz is the only one who can scold Bee without her getting angry." :P My darling Bee has been such a good girl.



February 2009
- Major Event? Sarah's slumber party. I still remember that whole issue we had about transportation. Haha. In the end, Matthew and I were such good peace makers. I sat in Ryan's car in the middle of like 6 boys. My only "girl" company was Hope and Ry's mom. Ahaha. They didn't swear, Ry. ;) And Matthew was the only guy in the midst of like 4 girls. LOL.

Haha. But it was great bonding time, and pranking time. We were really successful this time. It was really fun waking up at 5am and tiptoeing down those creaky stairs, and etc. I can't wait for this years one, Sarah!

March 2009 - I remember preparing school pictures to send to Zoe and getting everyone to sign. That was really fun, and thinking about it makes me miss that dear so much. Also, the classic-ness of Bee and I having PMS at the same time - bad results, I tell you. We broke Esther's correction tape thingy-ma-jigg. ;) And the start of Quel coming over for slumbers. Prank calls tradition! :D

April 2009 - Oh, the immaturity of me. I shall not mention it. But i do remember I got really mad at a particular person,

but yes. It's resolved. :) Oh, and the start of French classes. My poor Wednesday and Friday nights. I am so glad that's over. Haha. But it's cool being able to speak some of another language. French is so refine and beautiful. Sometimes I catch myself saying "oui" instead of "yes".

May 2009 - I can't remember when Grace, Tommy, Matt, and all changed schools, but it happened sometime before May. Hm, May. My sister turned sweet 16, we arranged a surprise party for Uncle Kevin... Ry and Sarah came over to bake. That was fun. Things.. happened. ;) We had an outing after Party Day, a very last minute one. Camp Committee was formed, and I was in it. :D It was really fun working with Sarah and Kelvin about the tees.

Also, I had a mental breakdown, I remember that day very clearly. Bad memory, so let's move on. But I'm super grateful for people like my caring Chorch, and now that I shalln't be seeing you often, I shall really try to "take care", as you always say. I lovee youu. :)

June 2009
- More planning about the Camp. Yeaa. I actually can't remember what happened in June.

Oh yeaa. Haha. Zoe just reminded me that she came back in June. wheeee. I still remember receiving an SMS from her when I was in French class sometime in May, telling me she was coming back. Oh, joy! She came to my house once and we talked for 2 hours straight. Then, she came to school twice. &she gave me Impulse City Collection. :D

July 2009 - What's Up Camp! That was really a life-changing experience, especially seeing it all just happen. I remember going there early in the morning, 4 of us squashed in one row of the van, going to some smelly mamak store, and finally arriving in PD. We set up the whole campsite, put up the posters, etc. And couldn't wait for it to just start. Then it all started, and things just went by so quickly. I remember staying up late till 2am with a long strip of tape hanging from the bunkbed as we taped up the clues on the cards for the next morning activity. I remember our dorm, it was like the coolest dorm ever. We had the whole bathroom to ourselves, and a whole extra bed to dump to dump all our stuff on. :)

I also remember filling up water balloons the next afternoon with paint. Haha. And how I couldn't tie balloons, so I would just fill them and pass them to Nathaniel or Tet to tie. And of course, the whole water fight event. It was so fun to watch them all throw balloons at each other. :)

But most importantly was the night rally. Especially at the end when I saw my fellow peers going up to meet God. I definitely had a lot of prejudice against many of them, but it kinda all cleared off after I saw willing hearts and teachable spirits before the Lord. And I got touched myself. I'm truly sorry I judges many others wrongly.

I remember doing the filming/interview thingy which was way awkward and Sarah & I were like.. yeaa. Hahah. I never even got to see that video after it was made. :-O

Also, all those sports events and etc. All stuffed up in the busy month of July. Wasn't it a month. We had cheerleading practices on, what a headache! I seriously think it brought us girls together a lot. I mean, just talking and working together to do the right thing and to treat her rightly. Plus, all the First Aid experiences I had.

August 2009 - Well, to round up our activities with Sports Fiesta. What a hassle. But it was all really fun and A or RED TEAM, we rock eh? :D And then, the start of Next Degree. Which was really a turning point too. I so remember that day we had the first meeting with Pastor Henry. I actually don't know what happen at that meeting cause I didn't attend because of some idiotic reason, and that day totally marks a day when I got really really pissed. Not a good memory, so we shall move on.


September 2009 - The first ISCF meeting, which was a great success. I know a lot of people got touched, so that's cool. Also, I got a lot closer to Vickie, Joel, and Timothy. We had our first 1U outing where we got lost and yeaa. Vicks and I totally spazzed in the lift, I mean. It was classic. We were just laughing and there was this stranger inside, and he was like, staring us down. AHAHAH.

Oh, and French classes - FINALLY FINISHED. :D Now, I am officially the owner of two foreign language credits. And I didn't have to take the major exam - DELF A1 - in the end. :)

October 2009 - Next Degree faced a few problems and well, it definitely brought us a lot closer. I definitely felt like a lot of us grew in huge dimensions that day we just started apologizing to everyone. I even wrote an email to my old friend in Maine and she replied and forgave me. And I had to swallow up a lot of pride to go say sorry to some people. Also, we had that whole fb issue where Sarah and I learned a lot that day. And I'm so glad for that darling girl. She went through it with me and understood the reality of it with me too.

Oh, and WV retreat and the whole Marcus and Pom thingy. HAHA. ;) What ho. Its so fun to tease that girl with like, 5 guys.

November 2009 - This was definitely a very stressful month for me. It basically consisted of all the end of the year activities + no work done at all . :P So, Kat and I had to start of the tedious job of the choir, which was pretty much torturous, I am so glad Eunice took over. And then, I worked along side Melinda in making the backdrop. And that was a very stressful job, but it was great fun too. I just love seeing guys sew. :D Its so amusing. And then of course,

Award's Night prep such as shopping and the day itself. With all the awards and picture taking. Oh, and school is OUT. :D Best part right?

December 2009 - It was really fun helping shift to the new school. Boxes, and slurpees, and lift doors. :P Total plotting with Pom and complaining to Mr Fan and Mr Nicholas about how essential toilet paper is. Also, working really hard to catch up with all the work I missed in October and November. I have done a total of 6 LPTS in December, and 1 more to go. :D

Then, there's Christmas of course and parties. I had great fun arranging it with Jon, scolding him, blah, etc. - HE DIDN'T COME. D: Anyhow, I had an awesome Christmas trip with my mom and sis, and an awesome Christmas with a scrumptious dinner, and a very quiet trip to Maxwell Hill. Overall, it was rad. :)

I think 2009 was a great year. I had a lot of experiences - good and bad alike. But it all help me grow spiritually and mentally, and physically. I feel like I became a few years old, wiser and more mature. And I'm ready for 2010. :)

So next year will be full of things to look forward to. But anyhow, here are the resolutions:

#01. Simply love. Do not judge, do not talk behind backs, just love.  (:
#o2. Be an example. Not only when you’re in front of people and people are watching but when you are alone and no one is watching.
#o3. Have discipline. Do what you know you should do, not what you want to do. Cancel activities, events, outings, commitments if they are not necessary.
#o4. Achieve my academic goals. Have an average percentage of 94% or above, and a GPA of 3.5 and above.
#05. Put your 100% in everything you do.
#o6. Use your time wisely. No diddle daddle, time is precious. Don’t waste even a second.
#o7. Keep an account of what you earn, received, and spent.
#o8. Have fun, be happy, and always smile. :D

Oh, and in the coming year, I shall become a part-time, single child. That should be an experience, eh? Please pray for my dear Chech, that everything will go smoothly and that by next year autumn she'll be safe and settled down somewhere in the beautiful country of USA. I can't wait for my turn. :)

I love you guys all so very much. Have a great 2010 ahead of you. <3

No comments: