Friday, January 29, 2010

January, I thank you.


Definitely. Glad. January. is. over.



Since my latest post was everywhere, I decided to erase and start all over again.

Don't you wish that anything you do could be erased and done again? Sadly, our life isn't like a blog post, you write something wrong and you can delete. Once we do something wrong, we can't just press the Delete button and live life again like it never happened.

It's crazy how fast a month can go by. We're already 1 month into the new year. Before we know it, we'll be in the middle of it or finishing it. Just the wink of an eye.

January 2010 has taught me many lessons. I started this year with high resolutions, and as the days go by, you get lazy and procrastinate and lose sight of those goals for yourself. Every morning I wake up and remind myself of what I have to accomplish today, tomorrow, this month, this year. I have to see the big picture.

I've learned how to say 'no' to the many activities that come my way. I have to ask myself, "What is important? What are my priorities? What do I not have to do?" Its hard to say no to stuff to stuff you would like to do. Its hard to stay in your room and do work while your family's watching a movie outside. It's hard to hear everyone talking about coming events when you know you shouldn't go. But you know what, when you do something that you're suppose to do instead of doing something you want to do, it feels good. Really good. Like, you escaped the temptation and did what you were suppose to do.

I've learned how to let God decide, and stop making my own decisions. So many times, when we are asked whether we would like to do something, we answer right away. We forget that God is in control of our lives and we need to let him control it. We need his guidance. Stuff we would like to do, isn't always what God wants us to do. Sometimes in our excitement, we forget to God. We forget to hear his say in it.

I've learned to trust, love, respect and care for others. I'm sorry if it isn't really evident, but I really do care. I feel sad for you when I see you doing something wrong. I get angry at you because I trusted you and you abused it. I pity you when I see others mistreating you. I respect you when I see you caring about someone else and seeing you take care of the little juniors so well. I love you when you kept your promise and worked hard.. and finished 10 books. :)

I've learned to treasure every friendship that I had and I have. Ever notice that friendships go really fast? But they come really fast to. At one of period of time, you get really close one person, then that person drifts away. But then, there's always another person. No one stays long. So while you have that friendship, and while it last, treasure it. With your whole heart.

However, my sister shall always be my sister. There's blood relation. So Chech, have a blast in US and London. Although I'm really jealous, and I'm sure you wish I was coming with you... ;) And since you love me so much, you better fulfill that long shopping list that I'm going to give you. Muahaha.

Lastly, January has been RADICAL. However, I'm glad its over. I just 'closed accounts' today, you could say. You know, make sure all my average grades, number of LPTs, goals for February, GPA... was settled and completed. :) I'm sorry if I must glee, but I did 16 LPTs. You just have to be happy for moi. :D

No comments: