Sunday, August 8, 2010

peek-a-boo

I just came back from an amazing three days. I'm physically exhausted but trust me, very mentally and spiritually refreshed. It also made me aware of what an amazing bunch of friends I have... yet again. And lastly, it pointed out my biggest fault. Underestimating.

To be honest, I agreed to attend this because I felt obliged(?). Okay, not exactly the perfect adjective, but let's just say I wasn't exactly sure why I was going. As Friday drew nearer, I got excited. I started expecting something. Mainly, I just wanted to have a refreshing break. I think I got more than that.

I always think there's a line to everything. In this case, there's a line to being serious and having fun. And I'm really proud to say that I think we did a reallyyy good job drawing that line exactly where it needed to be drawn. Being me, I'm that sort of person who draws the line a little closer to seriousness than fun, if you get me. Usually I'm the one organizing it and getting stressed and everything - perfecting the whole thing - so maybe that's why the line ends up closer to seriousness. It was really nice not having much to do in organizing this one. Trust me, its so nice to be served to.

Going back to that one word - underestimating. After spending this weekend with the 10 of them, I'm surprised that I thought lower of them. I have no idea how to phrase this. Sometimes, I misjudge? I mean, not in a bad way. I just didn't see everyone in their highest potential.

Well, if you ask me what was the best part of the retreat, it wouldn't be one specific radical event. But I think the best part of all the wonderful parts would be simply the memories. Its like, I finally felt I could relate to everyone. A mention of this old school mate, and I know that person. A mention of an event that happened a while back at school, and its like, you get to chip in cause you were there when it happened. I guess it all comes with the amount of time you spend with a certain group, in this case, a school.

Once again, I swallow regret because it always seems that right when I've finally reached simple contentment is when I have to go. I guess that's where the phrase, "If its not okay, then it's not the end." comes in. I use the reverse. It's finally okay - thus, it's the end. This is not a first. I reached the point of pure happiness in Maine, and exactly then I had to leave.

As hard as it is, I know God has a great plan for me, for you, and for all of us. I thank Him so much for giving this opportunity to spend this time with you all, for teaching something, and for being always in charge. As for the 10 of you alongside me, I really hope you'll never forget this experience. I love you all. :)

P/s. Not forgetting basketball, toothpaste, Skip-Bo, and everything else. Oh, and did I mention that Ang Bee Bee is so awesome? Well, she is.

P/p/s. There's now a LIKE button in wordpress. So go like this. If you don't see the option below, go press "Leave a comment" at the top of the post and like it. :) I know you like anyhow. :P

No comments: