Monday, December 20, 2010

Light of the World


Our hearts grow tender with


childhood memories and love of kindred,


and we are better throughout the year for having,


in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.


Laura Ingalls Wilder


#o1. It's hard to believe that Christmas is only 5 days away! They say the time from Thanksgiving to Christmas goes by in the blink of an eye, and my! are they right. It hardly feels like 4 weeks have passed. Before we know it, Christmas will be over and the new year will be here.

#o2. My December has settled into some sort of makeshift routine. I either wake up with work to go to, some outing to attend, or a busy day at home. It's been so busy these holidays that not once did I find myself commenting that the holidays are so boring. (And that usually happens often!) There's still a million and one things I want to do, but I have like only 3 days available.

#o3. News of the week: Jonathan Teh is in America. Like, askdnakdas. One second we're chatting about next year plans, and the next week he's like, "Hi, I'm in the US." -.- Imagine my shock. I should do that too - fly off to the USA all of a sudden. :P Now I'm all alone in my odd exhibition of attending school after graduating already.

#o4. Oh well, I only have about 6 months to go. :)

#o5. Heading off to the shopping mall in a few, to do my Christmas shopping. :D After that, back home to decorate the cookies I baked this morning. I loveee Christmasss. ♥

#o6. Even in all the haste and hurry, cliche wishes, and background music - don't ever forget the true reason of the season. Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves. (Eric Sevareid) Blessed holidays! :)

No comments: