Sunday, June 5, 2011

resolutions vs reality


I have to say, graduating from high school is one of the greatest things one could ever accomplish. I mean, summer break? The best thing ever. Those two to three months you have of freedom. The amount of free time you have: bunches. The anticipation for college: indescribable.

Anyhow, I've been spending the last few weeks keeping myself busy with little odd jobs and small forms of entertainment. Okay, scratch the 'small'. So I've composed a list which I've entitled "Things One Should Do During Summer Break". Here's to my productivity:

#o1. Work out everyday. In my case, go swimming or jogging every morning.

#o2. Clear through accumulated junk. Through away half of it, give away a fourth of it, and keep the other fourth.

#o3. Spend good quality time with friends, creating memories, staying away from trouble, and refrain from spending money.

#o4. Eat healthy and say 'no' to junk food.

#o5. Touch up on your soccer skills at least once a week.

#o6. Refrain from distractions such as too many videos, movies, and soccer games.
--

And now, I shall introduce you to another list entitled "Things One Should Never Do During Summer Break" except that I actually did every point. :P

#o1. After one week of hardcore working out, you become lazy and make excuses such as "I need rest, I got hurt." (which fyi, is true to some extend). And getting a jab at the doctor's making your left arm extremely sore is a very good excuse why you can't go exercise.

#o2. When going through your stuff, you get attached to your accumulated junk which you obviously don't see as "junk". You come up with very convincing reasons why you shouldn't throw this or that away. In the end, you're wishing that you could bring 300 pounds of that junk with you to college.

#o3. Instead of spending quality time with your friends, you get all chummy with a horse, failing to keep your resolution of  "staying out of trouble." Sure, you create some sort of memory, and money isn't involved.

#o4. Your grandmother gives you six cans of 100 Plus plus three bottles of Kick-a-poo. I mean, hey, someone has to drink it. And then, to top it off, you tell your sister to buy you all sorts of candy, so waiting in Maine for me is four grocery bags filled with junk food.

#o5. You go out to a patch of grass outside of your house to play a little ball with your daddy, who smartly kicks a long ball into the woody/foresty shrub by the side. You spend 30 minutes looking for the ball without success. Oh yea, lots of improvement on my skills.

#o6. You've watch about every single movie you have twice and still want to watch them the third time. You also watch about three soccer videos everyday. You stay up till 2am watching the England game which was a total disaster because I mean, seriously England tied with Switzerland?! You get totally bummed when the US are defeated flat by Spain with a 0-4 scoreboard. You plan to watch the USWNT play Mexico, and obviously are following the Gold Cup.
--

Okay so, I'm working on it. I really am.

No comments: