Monday, April 16, 2012

Lessons

I like to think I'm matured and have grown up long ago. But truth be told, I'm still really young and we never stop growing, learning, making mistakes, and maturing. The amount I've grown in the past four months have been incredible leaps and I'm so grateful to God for everything He's been putting me through and teaching me. Here's a few of those lessons He's taught me.

- "It's not about you. It's about your availability." Being human, I'm always thinking of myself - what I need to do, what I want to do. But God is just telling me: be available with your time. Minister and spend time with the people He's placed in your life for a reason. Stop focusing on yourself.

- "I have a plan for you." Look, it doesn't make sense all the time. Most of time, it doesn't make sense, at all. I thought He wanted me to get that scholarship, but He didn't. I was upset and disappointed, but just think: it means there's something greater installed for my life. I'm just excited to find out what that is!

- "Let me be your Healer." I've been hurt. Who hasn't. I've held on to regret, pain, disappointment, maybe even some anger. But God has just been so awesome. He's told me just to let go, to let him heal and bandage those wounds that I've allowed to open up again.

- "Share." I don't believe God put me through so many things in my life just for me. After, this ties in with the first point, it isn't about me. I'm learning to be a testimony and sharing little bits of my life story with others to show them that God is really... God. There's no other way to put it.

- "Let me drive." Picture your life as a car and let God be in the driver's seat. Not only that, don't be a backseat driver, telling God where you want Him to drive. Enjoy the ride. He's in control.

Have a blessed day. :)

No comments: