Monday, May 13, 2013

Dirt Road Prayer

Dear God,

I often rant within myself how little people know about me, and I've only just recently started opening up to fellow human beings about my innermost thoughts and emotions. But still, not a single human being here on Earth knows me like you do. And I can only just be so grateful that You do know me, inside out and backwards.

I thank you that You are always with me, even in the Charlotte Douglas airport at 6am in the morning, when its quiet and I'm all alone and my emotions are going through a hormonal fit. No, instead, I was able to go, "Hey God. This is what's up." And You listened.

I thank you that I can walk through airports and pray for the random strangers and people I see walking by. What a way to truly reach the nations.. in a place where everyone is from different locations, united by a similar mean called travel.

I thank you that You truly know what I'm going through right now, when no one else truly gets it. A sort of mixed emotion of happiness and unhappiness. A sort of anxiety and a sort of excitement. Just a ton of mixed emotions.

So here's my prayer, dear God. That you guide me and lead me. May I remember who I am in You. Remind me to live like a new person because I am that person. Give me peace. Help me be brave. Finally, help me to love.

There's my dirt road prayer.

It doesn’t matter how long it’s been
I can talk to God like he’s my best friend
Take my heart lay it down again right there
In a dirt road prayer.

No comments: