Friday, June 7, 2013

Never Short of an Adventure

I apologize profusely for not updating more. I've started more than a few drafts and never got around to finishing them because, knowing me, I'm a perfectionist and don't really finish what I start. So who knows whether this will get posted or not. I have full intentions as of right now to post it, but you never know what will happen in thirty minutes. I'm pretty fickle too.

Anyway, the last time I posted, I was back in Australia, living a happy life of rainbows and unicorns. Turns out, I had to leave happy land, and although it took me about two weeks before I finally left for real, it was good while it lasted. Those two weeks composed of hanging out with friends, redesigning my living room and painting (still in progress!), exercising to my leisure, and doing whatever I pleased. So it happens, adventure does not ever leave me behind.

+ Note to self: do not go running with your iPod Touch in your pocket ever again. Everything went fine for the first six laps and then I decided I wanted to sprint. I take off at like 30mph, not even exaggerating, and my iPod Touch stays behind. On the ground. With it's screen shattered like it didn't have a care in the world.

+ So what if you're the only girl in all of Asia who plays soccer. If you love it, want to play it, than do it! And that's exactly what I did. Sunday evening, called an old friend, convinced my daddy to come along, showed up and played with all these random boys. Didn't even give the ball away once. Made some great passes. Shouldered up to the guys and defended. Headed the ball away! Big whoopie, I have never EVER done that before. Surprised all the boys at how well a girl could played. Scored. A beautiful goal.

+ Don't ever go into an elevator without a phone and without being able to say "Elevator is broken. I'm stuck." in the language of the country you reside in. Thankfully I had the former if not the latter. I was simply trying to leave work when the elevator stopped on me and I was stuck on the 10th floor. In a box. Alone. It was an adventure to say the least. I stayed calm for about the first 30 minutes. By the 50th minute, I was in tears. Finally, I got out after an hour.

Life ain't fun unless there's a little bit of adventure, and I've certainly got my fair share of that the last two weeks. I may have left happy land and entered the land of a working woman, day in and day out in the office, but adventure still hasn't left - and I'm glad. It is my constant companion. Until later - with more adventures!

No comments: