Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Today...?

Today, was vacation and a much more successful day than yesterday. I was actually productive! Yea, anyway, I cleaned my room, swept it, mopped it, and rearranged it, while my sister worked on Math probably, and other subjects.

As usual, I got distracted and found my old portfolio on the writings I wrote when I was in Maine, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade. In 2nd grade I wrote easy little poems, but then my writing skills improved when I wrote short essays in 3rd grade. Those early skills soon developed in to great one in 4th grade, where Mrs. Fleurent taught us how to write stories and letters to a famous baseball team and a football team. I remember writing to the baseball team and getting a reply back with pictures of the players and stuff. Course, I wasn't crazy on them so I gave them to my dad to give to his Math Class! In 5th grade, when I was home schooling at home and my mom was teaching me, I communicated to the people in Maine and Massachusetts by writing monthly newspapers to them by email. I truly enjoyed it but pretty soon it all stopped when I moved to GRC. I decided to start a blog, and ta-da, here it is! This blog is great for me to write in and it is my “public” journal. However, today, I would like to share with you a quick story I wrote for an assignment in my Language Arts book!

Isabella kicked the dirt on the sidewalk at she walked home. She was mad…angry…with her “horrible” mother. She wished she could go with her friends to the outing and watch the horror movie with them. But just because she was Christian she wasn’t allowed. “What wrong with going to the mall and watching a “harmless” movie?” she cried out loud to herself angrily. By this time they would be having fun at the mall. And she couldn’t join…

When she reached home she angrily pushed open the heavy, wooden door. Her mom smiled broadly at her behind the counter of the kitchen. “How could she smile?” she thought furiously within her head, “She doesn’t know what I went through at school!” After all of the teasing her friends had given her she was almost ready to give up her religion! Her mind recalled the dreadful day at school.

“What! You can’t go! How terrible! Your crazy religion and your crazy parents! Why don’t you just give up Christianity?” her best friend, Christy, shouted.

“Yea, goody-goody person,” another person growled.

“Look at our holy-holy Church going person!” one of them teased.

She had run away to the safe toilet till break was over. She hoped that when she came out they would stop and forget about it. But she was wrong; when she finally retreated out they had continued to tease. It happened the whole day. And no one walked back home with her today. Even the ones who had something on and couldn’t go either…it wasn’t fair. Life wasn’t fair!

Slowly coming back to the real world, she quietly said hi to mom and ran to room. She slammed the door shut…suddenly without warning she heard a voice…

“Isabella, Isabella, Isabella, I love you.” She shivered…”You did the right thing, and I am pleased. But change your attitude, and I will grant you something you have never wished for. I love you.

She stood there, transformed, and immediately she understood why God had spoken to her. With the spare time she had today since she was not out hanging out with her friends she could spend time with the new girl at school. She smiled…and picked up the phone...

“Hey Madison,” Isabella happily said into the phone, “Can I come over to your house for a while…?”

So today, those of you who read my blog, I want to tell you a few things, writing is a great thing and I encourage all of you to start a blog if you haven’t yet and make sure you give me the link. I also want to say, that we, as Christians, fearing and trusting the Lord, should always realize that no matter what, if we miss out in going to an outing, our God has an even better plan for us. Just like Isabella, let’s be ready to find God’s purpose in our lives, okay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was amazing
true story?