Tuesday, July 10, 2007

a Day, I might NEVER forget

"we rise, fight the battle, get beaten, and rise again"

A quote from my old history book, leaning about the Revolutionary War. And some commander wrote this quote...I
don't remember who...anyway...

You know those big things like balloons? With
some sort of weight at the bottom. And then you like punch them and they keep on going up because of the weight at the bottom? Well, I feel like that. Each day I rise, get through the day, with my ups and downs, and get beaten, and then rise again. Just like that balloon thingy and the quote above. With lots of memories swarming my head. Hard to concentrate when I'm thinking about America. I don;t know why this week and the last I've been thinking about America so much. Maybe because Independence Day just passed?

And then this American song came through my head during dinner. Just read the lyrics even if you don't know the melody and you can ask me to sing it tomorrow, IF I feel like it...it's called God B
less America

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,

Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God Bless America.
Land that I love
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America
My home sweet home.

I don't remember how to sign the verse but I remember the chorus...also love the anthem and would like to share it with you...

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

There's a ton more of verses but the first is the most commonly sung. Don't I sound like a REAL American! LOL! And one more chorus of another song. There's verses but it's too long...

America! America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

To read more go to htt
p://www.patrioticon.org/patriotic-soundfiles-lyrics.htm
I know most of th
em...

No comments: