Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Why?

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

I get so frustrated sometimes. Except I bet no one notices it. Good for them.

How come because I'm young I can't help out?
How come because I'm small I can't do the things the 'big' people do?
How come because I'm young, people look down at me?
How come because I'm not as old as 'them' I can't do what they do?

I feel so useless. What am I suppose to do? You don't want my help so I can't give it. You think I'm too young, you think I'm too small. "Not mature enough." Not ready for it.

Maybe you're right. Maybe you have a point. But you never even tried. You never even gave me a chance. You never even put some responsibility on my shoulder. You don't even know if I'm too young or small.

It hurts. When people think that you're 12 not 13. When people think someone who's younger than you looks older. When you give them a chance and not me. I still remember when I was in 1st grade around the age of 7 or 8, and I was running in the field. Then this girl who's in 3rd grade asked me, "Are you 5 years old?". whatever... It hurts when people start talking about how small and skinny you are and then later say to me, "You're so small!!!". It hurts when every time you talk about how much you've grown and your sister puts in, "You're so small! You seriously don't look your age!!" It hurts when other 13 year olds are treated different cause they look older. It hurts when I'm treated as a 12 year old or even a 11 year old.

If it hadn't been for this verse above, I would have already think it's a fact that young and small people are useless. Cause I sure feel like that. Since you don't want my help, then what can I do about it? I can't just butt in and take control. Even if sometimes I feel like doing that.

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young

I'm trying.

I might be young, but I can still help. I might be small, but if there wasn't small people in this world then who's gonna 'fill the cracks'? I might be 'so called' immature, but I still can do something. I might be shy, but I still can learn how to become courageous.

I wish I could be big and older. I wish more people would depend on me and trust me.

If you guys would just me give me chance.
You haven't even proved the point that I'm useless, right?

I might never grow bigger. I might always be younger than other people. But guess what?

God can use young people.

I wish I could prove that fact.

If only I had a chance...

1 Timothy 4:12. That verse was just made for me.

No comments: