Wednesday, October 24, 2007

GRCians in GRCland

January 8 proved to be a disastrous day for me. I knew it would be. And I was right. The last Thursday and Friday had been okay. My sister and I had gone to our new school - the school that we were forced to go to - and had taken diagnostic test. Not that I thought the school work would be hard, I just didn’t want to make friends, I didn’t want to get involved with Malaysia and its people.

I still remembered when my mom and dad announced that we were going to attend GRC. When I looked back into the old entries in my journal, I read:

“The only thing is that we have to start school and I DO NOT like it. I wish we could continue home schooling. Mommy says that the “new school” is like The Master’s House, but what can be like The Master’s House? Nothing at all! I will never like a school as much as it!”

And indeed, I knew from deep down in my heart, nothing would be ever as great as my old school. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

Nothing at all.

The days went by slowly. I cried a lot during the first month. I didn’t want to make friends. No one was friendly either. Every day, when we got picked up from school, my mom would ask, “Did you make any friends yet?” We would say, “no” calmly and all, but deep down I was mad. She didn’t need to ask. I didn’t want to make any friends.

One Monday morning, when I woke up at six in the morning, I started to cry. I so did not want to go to school. I went out of the room and knocked on my parent’s bedroom door. There I cried for about one hour telling my dad how much I hated school. I complained that I couldn’t understand my supervisor so I didn’t know how to ask for help. I didn’t like studying for test. I just hated school!

Yep, indeed, no school at all could beat The Master’s House.

But slowly, I adjusted. Maybe cause I was fed up of being a nobody. Fed up by the name, the new girl. And people finally became friendly. Started saying hi randomly. And slowly, very slowly, I adjusted. I’m not sure how. But I did. First of all with the middlers. Maybe cause they were friendlier. Or at least I looked their age. But slowly, I got super close with Sarah and pretty soon Shabeta. And felt safe sharing secrets with them. Talking to them. They comforted me when I felt down and helped me when I needed help. Then I became close with Chanelle, Isaac, Tommy, and Roberts. Paul lyn and I suddenly became close. And as for Beeps, she was friendly from the start.

And now, I don’t dread school. I dread the weekends. And I can’t wait for Monday to come. And I have so many memories. Broga Camp. Boys Code. Youth Rally. 7.7.07. Sports Day. Cross Country Race. And memories that we are going to make. Sports Fiesta. Awards Night. And lastly, birthdays.

I’m please to read in my journal that on Oct 20, 07 I wrote:

“I’m please to write here that I love GRC even more than the Master’s House. It seriously rocks! I mean say I didn’t go there I wouldn’t of met Sarah, Shabeta, Tommy, Roberts, Isaac, Beeps, Paul lyn, Zoe.”

I’m so glad that I’m a GRCian now. And a proper one with the right attitude. Because, guess what, GRCland rocks. And so do the citizens in it. I’m ready to leave a piece of history in GRC. I’m ready to make a difference, and a good one too.

Yep, GRCians in GRCland rock. I’m glad I can finally say that…

No comments: