Monday, October 29, 2007

Life Is Made Out Of Beads

Guess what? That beautiful chain that Shabeta gave me broke! This morning when I was putting it on, it snapped. All the beads went everywhere! Under my bed, on my bed, everywhere on the floor. (surprisingly none went into the cup of water near by!) I got super sad! Dramatic, as my sister put it. After picking up all the beads, I flung open the door and screamed, "OH MY GOSH!" to all my astonished family members who were sitting down at the table. They all stared at me and said, "WHAT??" I was like screaming to them what happen. My sister just said, "Wow, that's it? She's so dramatic."

After a tiresome day in school, and all the stress, sadness, and all sorts of feelings, I came back from school so not feeling like fixing it. But I started to anyway. And I used the same string. Started stringing all the beads in again. I kept messing up, the pattern getting wrong, and through the other end of string the beads were escaping. And worst of all, I had to put in a bead one at a time. Finally, I was finish. And started to tie the string together. While trying to do that, suddenly tons of beads came out of the other end of string. I screamed to myself, "NO NO!" and then gave up. I put the beads back into the wooden box telling myself I'll do it another time. I'll do it another time...

Do you know that our life is like that chain? And it's made up of small pieces which are the beads. So often we break or mess up. And when we try to fix ourselves we mess up again. We have to do it slowly, just like I had to string in each bead one by one... And many times we give up, telling ourselves, oh I'll try later. But if we don't face it, then it'll always be in front of us... Waiting for us to fix it.

We all make mistakes. And every mistake we make has a consequence. If we don't face our punishment, it's always gonna be in front of us. We have to be brave and face it. And get done with it. Else it's gonna prevent us from living our life freely.

Our life is just like that chain, and it's made up of little elements like the beads. Just remember that...

And remember this also: Hugs are always free, you just have to be brave and ask for one.

Yep, I'm always ready to give you a hug. You just have to ask... =)

1 comment:

Janna said...

What a profound thought!! I just realised my so called "little girl" is no longer little. She has grown up so much that she is capable of giving me a sermon on life!! Good job!! Well done!! I am so proud of you and so blessed to be your mum.