Monday, December 17, 2007

oh live

Oh gosh!! Do you guys even miss me? I miss you guys like superbly. Especially my bed, house, and just Malaysia itself. I'm being super honest.

Let's bombard with news. Pictures will come later.

Cambodia is such a weird place. The weather is extremely hot. The road is totally chaotic. Chaotic isn't exactly the word. It's worst than chaotic. But the cool thing is that the driver's seat in a car is on the left side! That seriously just so cool. Cause I miss left sided cars.

First day

The flight was delayed for two times. Worst thing is that we took Air Asia and you have to fight for seats. So we were rushing like nuts to get our pass board teared, or whatever you call it. If you guys don't think the boys in GRC are not gentlemen, then I don't know what you would call the ones at the airport. They pushed and shoved. I was too polite to push through. My sis finally yelled, "Hazel, you just have to give it. Else you'll never get in!!"

The airplane ride was quite cool. You could see all the clouds below you. And then when we were about to land. It was super cool going through the clouds. Below I could see Cambodia. It looked like brown tiles everywhere and a few houses and trees in some patches.

We stayed at a hotel for the first night.

Second day

Woke up, and took a tootook to the Bus station. What's a tutuk? It's like this really cool open air carriage attached to a motorcycle. The scary part was that it turned around and we could see all the cars coming towards us. Yea, the roads in Cambodia are so scary. There's no lines to divide the sides, so all the cars go anyway and any side as they wish.

The bus ride was long, hot cramped, and boring. We had a 30 min stop. I mean, gosh, Cambodians can't travel. For their 30 min break they must go shopping. And eat. They eat and eat and eat. Like Chinese. And their language sounds like Chinese and Malay mixed together. The scariest part was seeing them in insects. They were fried and they ate them. =/

Conclusion

We arrived safe and sound in Kampong Cham where our missionary friends are staying. It's really hot and headaches are common for me. Silas (3 and a half) and Cassia (10 months) are super adorable and fun to play with. And everything is just so confusing and different.

I really miss you guys. Wishing to be in Malaysia, and arranging times to go to school. Yea, and Paullyn and I with our crazy blue dresscode? LOL. Robert's hugs? Isaac weirdness? Everything. You guys so rock. And I miss you a lot.

No comments: