Saturday, January 19, 2008

it's possible?

When I was young, my favorite verse was Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. " I remember when I came back from the U.S., I dutifully cut wrote every single letter in my big block letter 10-year-old handwriting and cut each one of them out. Then, I carefully pasted each one on the wall of my brand new room. =) (It's still there, except now it's my sister's room. We switched rooms.)

Why was Philippians 4:13 my favorite verse? When I was young, I literally had no faith in myself. Firstly, I was small, shy, and terribly young. No one really trusted me. I was so timid. So shy. My sister always reminds me these days, that once upon a time, I was this shy little 7-year-old who couldn't ask to go to the the toilet herself. Yea, I had to ask my sis to ask for me. She obviously didn't do that. =P Talk about a really shy hazel who has obviously changed. hahaa. Back to the topic, this verse was my favorite cause it reminded me that all things are possible. Especially something like being capable of asking to go to the toilet.

Now? That verse still reminds me that things are possible. But the verse that really helps me these days is 1 Timothy 4:12. It's a very common favorite Bible verse. "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." That verse spoke straight to me last year when I felt like I was being treated like I was so young and small. But this verse taught me that you don't have to be like older people, you don't have to be tall, you don't have to be old to do same stuff older people do.

I put this verse into action, and I realized that I can do the same amount of stuff that older people do. I also realized that just because my sis is smart doesn't mean I have to work hard so that I'm as smart as her when I'm her age. Everyone is different. And plus, you don't have to be tall too. Short people have more advantages than the tall. Firstly, they have the advantage of asking tall people to get things they can't. hahaa. Secondly, if your short you're also smaller than taller people. That means you can get into the really small cracks and closets when your playing hide and seek. lols. So, don't worry if your small, young, short. God always has a reason for creating you that way.

And I realized that. No, I'm not gonna let anyone look down on me cause I'm small, short, or young. I'm gonna set an example. And so are you. Are you ready?

I am. Let's fly.

No comments: