Tuesday, January 29, 2008

till the fear in me subsides...

Today I woke up with such fear inside me. I mean, I dunno how to describe it, but you know that empty feeling that just creeps up you and makes you shiver? Yes. That feeling.

So anyways, I seriously could feel all the fear inside of me. You know how terrible fear feels like. Well, you just don't want to know. Back to the subject, I immediately started praying in tongues. No, don't call me holy. And you wanna know something, all the fear just disappeared.

Yes, just like that.
How blessed are those who are given the gift of tongues.

You know something? That experience got me thinking. So many times, people in this world get the same feeling that I got this morning. The same feeling of fear. And yet, without God in their lives, they must live with that feeling all day long! I dunno about you, but if I couldn't get rid of that feeling this morning, my day would have been terrible.

I'm just really grateful that I know God. I've known him for a long time now, and every time he just teaches me something different about himself. He's not changing. He just has a lot to show me. Like this morning. I kept on praying in tongues and asking God to give me his peace.

Peace. This is even more divine. I've been using this Bible study material for my quiet time. It's called Living Beyond Yourself by Beth Moore. And you know what it's about? Exploring the fruits of the Spirit. Yes, love, joy, peace. You'll never guess which fruit I'm studying about this week. Peace.

Just when I'm studying about Peace I need Peace. To tell you the truth, God is really impacting me with this Bible study. A few weeks ago I was studying about Love and that period of my life I needed to love a few people. Then, I moved on into Joy and discovered also that during that time of my life I needed Joy in all my circumstances. I was quite sure it just was a coincidence and that when I moved on into peace the same would not happen. However, God had other plans.

Are you guys getting the picture? He's just bringing me closer to him more and more. And I know for certain that when I start studying about all the other fruits, he's gonna meet me as he has with the first 3 fruits. How divine.

To end this post, I just wanna tell you a little insight I had on the way to school. We were at a traffic light when my eye caught this old car with a most depressing young driver inside. He looked so full of sadness. He had no peace, no love, no joy inside of him. My heart went out towards him and I silently prayed a blessing upon him.

Don't you realize that we're all so blessed? Not only are we so loved and taken care of, we also have God inside us. And when we go through hard times, God's always there to help us out. Just like this morning. So many times we forget to count our blessings. We are inconsiderate towards others who are less blessed. How often do we stop to ask God to bless someone?

Let's just remember. We're blessed.
Did you forget that? Well, then count your blessings. =)

No comments: