Thursday, March 20, 2008

through different eyes

Today was just so indescribable.
I mean, gawk, it was just so happy. Despite the saddening things that happen in life, the pains, the sorrows. I learned so much from just being myself.
C'mon you guys, as it says in my profile, everything in life can be beautiful if you look at it through different eyes.
And I'm learning step-by-step how to do that. =]

Just learning to appreciate every small thing makes you smile.
I got this really encouraging email. Just read through slowly, and think about them one at a time before going on to the next one. It does make you feel good.

Laughing so hard your face hurts.
A special glance.
Getting mail.
Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
A bubble bath.
Giggling.
A good conversation.
The beach
Laughing at yourself.
Looking into their eyes and knowing they love you
Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
Running through sprinklers.
Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
Playing with a new puppy.
Having someone play with your hair.
Sweet dreams.
Swinging on swings.
Holding hands with someone you care about.
Running into an old friend and realizing that some things never change.
Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
Knowing that somebody misses you.
Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.

Doesn't it just make you think. Memories just flow in.
oh it just dawns, I'm so blessed!

Was just reading Little Woman for like my twentieth time.
And this part suddenly touched me. Jo's father is in war, and her mother is bearing it so well even if she misses her husband so much. This is what she tells her daughter...

"If I don't seem to need help, it is because I have a better friend even than Father (her husband) to comfort and sustain me. My child, the troubles and temptations of your life are beginning, and may be many; but you can overcome and outlive them all if you learn to feel the strength and tenderness of your Heavenly Father as you do that of earthly one.The more you love and trust him, the nearer you will feel to him, and the less you will depend on human power and wisdom. His love and care never tire or change, can never be taken from you, but may become the source of lifelong peace, happiness, and strength. Believe this heartily, and go to God with all your little cares, hopes, sins, and sorrows, as freely and as confidingly as you come to your mother.

I don't know about you, but just reading that, I've never felt so loved before. I seriously don't know what got into me today, but I love it whatever it is. I just have such happy feeling inside me that it's gonna overflow. There's no way I can express it. It's not hyperness, I am totally calm and peaceful. But oh man, it's such a nice feeling.

All I can remember is driving out of my apartment complex this morning, and seeing all the guards looking so happy. As we drove down the road and I saw family after family, no one looked sad. And I just knew, it's gonna be a happy day. Having a CG outing with all the little 8 to 10 year olds somehow makes me lighter inside. And once again...

I feel like a 11-year-old again!
Why? There's no burdens. My Heavenly father is taking care of it all!

No comments: