Tuesday, June 17, 2008

the little things

WARNING: You do not have to read.

When we are faithful to do what He ask us in the little things, He will lead us on to do greater works for Him and will reveal Himself in deeper ways to us.


I admire the really hard working people. Seriously. Even if you guys need to work hard to catch up to your grade whatsoever, it's seriously cool. And, well.. I'm trying to also. Last year, I got this statement that I'm smart, but lazy. Hopefully, you don't think so anymore. =P

Not only do I need to prove that this statement is false, I really do need to work hard. Not because I'm behind or something. (Yea, and you guys are thinking.. Hazel needs to work hard!?) But after careful counting, I realized that I can't work at a nice comfortable rate. Not if I want to graduate in time. (And then you guys go, "What?!") Understand me, if I were to graduate from 12th grade at the age of 18, it's correct speed. But as I am almost 1 year ahead of my grade, if I was to graduate at 18, that 18th year of my life would be luxury.

That's why I observed, and carefully planned when I will graduate and how. It's hard work. It might not seem hard for you guys when you read this, since I am almost 1 year ahead, but take a look at the statistics. Bible: 902, Math: 906, LA: 901, Science: 708, History: 808. Do the counting yourself.

But the good news is.. I can do it!!

And so can you. Look, this isn't about me. It's about every single one of you. You guys all have the burden of graduating on time. And as home schoolers, we have the responsibility. We work at our own speed. No teacher who stands in the front of the room, and everyone doing the same assignment at the same exact time.

We all have responsibilities. This is just an example. And with these little task of ours, let's do it with all our capability, so that next time, when bigger jobs come our way, we can handle it as well. Live life the best you can. It's too short to make a fool out of it!

No comments: