Tuesday, October 21, 2008

you don't know what you have...

... until you lose it.

What truth in that little saying. I shall explain it in the end. hahah.

Anyways, we are back from a totally exciting, fun, exhilarating, and exhausting vacation. I do not miss you all, don't even ask that. wahaha. :P Well, I better start the long discribtion and let pictures do the talking. I have exciting news and sad news. :\

So, we arrived in Swiss Garden at 2ish, after lunch in A&W. Immediately, we headed of to the pool. This is a definite must for the Chang family. muahah. :) It was 5 ft deep, which is exactly how tall I am, so I had to cut water the entire time or hang on to the wall. Thank goodness I'm a brilliant swimmer, and I'm not boasting. I've beaten my sis, dad (well, I beat them always) and Weeyen in a swimming race. hahah. Pics of the pool, acoming.



The lobby is like totally filled with water.
Thus, the reflection of the roof. :)

&this was surronding the paino. It's rice, and it's NOT glued on.

The rooms are really cool. We got a connecting room with our parents, and beach view instead of garden view as well. It was really nice. I really adore the toilet cause the walls are practically made out of mirrors. :D Woosh, camwhores appear. And, not only me. :P




And, of course. The beach. On Monday, Daddy, my sis, and I went jet skying. It was cool. Not scary at all, and I was so scared at first, till I saw the machine. wahaha. It's really heavy and yea, so safe, nothing can happen to you. You don't even get wet! haha. The dude that works there took his baby girl out on it as well. :D I got pictures, but it was so far away, how to see?

Told you it was heavy. It took all 4 men to get it in.



I got bored. Can't blame me. ;D

Really cool designs in the sand. I did not create it.


We rented bikes on Sunday. Biked to a 7-11 nearby and bought slushies, etc. Yums! Yea, I certainly had fun! :D


Lunch on Monday! Like, YUM. We ate at the hotel and they had the most beautiful arrangement of desserts, I couldn't resist taking pictures. :)




There's more, but I'll stop before you guys get too hungry. Just post enough to make you jealous. LOL. hahah. And, there was an ice cream bar and my sister made a fabulous ice cream.


Chun, eh?

Talking about bars, the buffet breakfast in the mornings are scrumptious! I love to salad bar. Like for once, olives and pickles and cheese and my stomach grumbles!! :P

And, I swam in the pool every single day for at least 4 hours, except for today, and you'll find out why later. ;D I'm really DARK and my nose got sunburned, it's terribly painful and scalping, etc. (:

That's about it for the vacation. Well, the good news. Are you ready for the bad news? hahah. Okay, so on Sunday, my glasses broke. As in, the gripper thingy for the nose part, you-know-what-I-mean. Yea, so I put in my contacts and we went to town and fixed my glasses. On Monday, we went jet skying so I put in my contacts just in case I fall out and need to see, right? Everything went well till after we were finished and I went swimming in the pool. I know, bad me. Came out of the pool, and one eye was blur. When I tried taking out my contact, nothing was there. Thus, one side of my contacts is missing. Like, argghhh.

Next bad news. Get prepared okay.

From this.

To this.

Let me explain. So, on Monday night, we went to dinner, that is, the whole World Vision family. And then, they wanted to go eat jelly ice so my family tagged along as well. There was these swings there, and Mom and Aunty Sharon were sitting there talking about a competion on the swings when I decided I wanted to swing. So I sat on this swing with everyone crowded around and I was building up my speed and going really fast and high... whennnn...

You guessed it wrongly. I did not fly out or do a flip up into the sky or something stupid like that. The swing broke on me. As in, the sitting part broke. And thank God, I was at the bottom when it happen so my drop was pretty low. Guess what? The swing was tied with string. Like, hello!! Sue the Kuantan government, seriously! If the swing is broken, don't even bother fixing it with string! Yea, so I landed on my feet and I thought I was okay. Got up, acted normal and answered every concerned "Are you okay?" with a "yes" for awhile till I realized that my slipper was covered with blood. My toe nail was ripped off, well at least half of it and I killed some of the nerves in my skin around that. I think my whole toe is dead at this point. And the other wound on my left foot, it was really minor yetserday night, and now it hurts like a billion bees keep stinging me. Honestly, I can hardly walk. oh, the pain. :\

That brings us back to title. So many times, we take our healthy body and our blessings for granted. And even during a great vacation like I had, I had to learn a lesson. Indeed, we don't realize how much we are blessed with... till we lose it.

On a lighter note, that means no PE for me tmr. And that is good news, excuss me. I've had enough of sun for at least a week. ooh, my nose! :P

Don't forget Sarah's nick which says - I'm blessed.

No comments: