Sunday, July 5, 2009

Here I am, send me.

First we buy a 7-up, then we shake it till it pops up, then we giddy up, and move up, then look up, we see it and JUMP UP!

Firstly, people who missed camp, I seriously pity youu. Because you missed out on a total bomb. It was just plain awesomeeee!

Who know even how to start describing such an awesome camp like this. If I had to rate it, it would definitely be a 10/10! :)

Number 1, I'm so glad I got to be in the main committee this year, and it was definitely a great experience. I really want to thank all my wonderful partners as we planned this, meetings, setting up, discussing... it definitely brought us all closer together. Thank you Weeyen & Lydia Chech for really just getting things moving smoothly and without you two, things would definitely be hetic. Thanks Sarah (I LOVE YOU!), Kelvin, Bryant, and Ian. :)

the awesomest. :) candid.

Number 2, I really got soo touched last night. Not only because of how God touched me myself, but the way he touched the rest seriously just brought tears to me eyes. Let me tell you my testimony.

We were singing "Here I am" and the words, "I will go, send me." filled me with so much unbelief that i just couldn't sing it. I was judging the rest who were singing, wondering who would honestly GO if God sent them. I'm not boasting, but I've gone throught what it really means to follow Jesus, and honestly, its really really hard. Uncle Kevin, soon after, made his altar call, and honestly, I didn't want to go up. Pretty soon, people were just crying their eyeballs out, I was passing out tissues, etc. My gosh, did it make me cry when I saw people just crying, and God just convicted me not to judge people. I felt bad, me of little faith, not believing that God had great plans for those people. You know what really touched me was when Isaak stepped up for prayer. It just didn't seem something I would expect him to do. Somehow, I had this impression that Isaak was this guy who acted macho and cool, and seeing him step made me respect him a whole ton. Ever since I've known Isaak, I always talk about not respecting him. Also, Josh and Weeyen were praying for each other up on the stage, and after Isaak was prayed for, he walked over and joined Weeyen and Josh as they prayed for each other, and that just brought tears. It made me look at Isaak in a whole different perspective. By the end, the presence of God was so strong, I knew I had to go up and get prayer. If I didn't, it would be missing a terribly treasurable moment. So, I walked up to Uncle Kevin and asked him to pray for me, he started praying and had only said one sentence when God already spoke. By then, the tears were flowing. God really touched me with what He said, and he said two things to me, one before the prayer and after. You know, it wasn't something I expected, far from it, far from what Uncle Kevin expected too. But, I have this immense feeling full of reassurance that God is in control. He has a plan for me.

Later on, Tze Yun said, "It was like, I knew I should go up, but I didn't. You get what I mean?" And I totally do! There is nothing to be ashamed of than running into God's presence! I would kill myself if I missed that opportunity!

Jon Teh, I really loved your testimony, and I believe that God definitely has a huge plan for you. I could tell that you were so heavy with the calling you had yesterday night, and I know you are going through problems. You really made me know that God can use anyone, because I would never expect you. :)

Keiffer, I have this feeling you were touched. And I know God is in control. Trust me, he never makes a mistake. Keep following him, and I love you and really respect you. :)

Tetsuo, really glad you could come for camp, and I know for a fact God touched you dramatically. (and I mean, really dramatic!) You rock, Tara. :)

Number 3, I'm really thankful everything went well. All activities were fun, especially the water fight!! The weather was awesome. Nathanuel, Saph, Tet, thanks for helping! Filling water balloons is tiring, indeed! A big round of applaus to all 6 teams! I got to know many new people from other centers, and it was great! Minor cuts and scrapes, Mr Nicholas and his toe, Reva and her eye! But, all in all, I'm sure everyone had fun, except Jason, who called it boring. ;)

Lastly, to Jump Up! Neilson especially. I really respect you and your patience with all the little juniors in your group, you didn't complain, loved them and watched over them, played all the games with a positive attitude even if you lost pratically all, and your team definitely deserves 1st place!

And now, for the best part, a few pictures to hold you in suspense till later. :P

Kelvin & Brandon with the flower girls. (?) HAHA!

My cutie, Sapphira! :D

I adore the beach. =)

Number 4, hugs are the best. :)

No comments: