Monday, October 12, 2009

First Impressions

Hey y'all. :D Its been a great weekend. Honestly, I didn't expect it to be. Went to Kampar (well, somewhere near there!) for the World Vision Staff Retreat. #1 reason I didn't think I'll enjoy myself there is because the place is desolated, there's practically nothing to do! ;) #2 reason, my sis and I are like the only teenagers. There was two toddler girls, 4 young boys aged 9-12, and one girl age 11.

Well, anyway. Saturday was really hectic. Went to pick my sister up from the Metropolitan College in Shah Alam at 12.15. We waited practically for an 1 hour before she finally came out of the room! Then, we had to head back to my house because one of the tires had a problem. Ate lunch then, and finally set out. Had to go visiting places before finally arriving at the destination at 5.30ish.

Ate dinner, etc. Went for the 1st session thingymajigg, stayed for the introduction, games, and then when the preaching was about to start, slipped out. ;) Of course right? Haha, Marcus and Nicholas slipped out too, so we went to play basketball in pitch blackness. It was pretty terrible cause well, we kept on shooting not seeing anything, and the ball kept on landing in the puddles of water.

Oh, on the random note, this is when I remembered that Marcus knows Paul Mae. ;) HAHA, I asked Marcus and he was like, "Yea. You know her?" And Jie jie Shu Yi knows Sarah, and Uncle Mark knows Uncle Kevin. Small world indeed.

Back to my tale, we decided to stop playing basketball and went to the library with the other two boys (I get their names really confused) and played Skip-Bo. That was pretty funny cause Chech and I were screaming and all, and all the other boys were all quiet with concentration. Then we decided to play the LIFE game we found in the cabinet, but it was Star Wars addition and really really confusing. Like, wth right? Star Wars addition for Life. :-O The caretaker must of loved Star Wars or something cause there was Star Wars addition for Risk also.

Watched Miracle till 12pm with some of the others. :)

The next day, we had a church service which I did attend cause its like church so we children were good boys and girls and sat through the really boring (no offense) service. Oh, and the 11 year old girl Ellie is really good and sat through all the sessions while all of us other kids totally skipped it. She's really shy and skinny, I mean, poor girl, she's skin and bones. And I just can't talk to her! I know right, I'm like Hazel, the one who talks to everyone. ;D

We all set out for lunch after that, and ate at some restaurant in Kampar that served really yummy food. There was like 7 dishes, 1 soup, and unlimited rice and it only cost RM160 for one table of 12 people. :)

Then we went to some Orang Asli developement project base place. Chech and I ran up the long winding road up the hill that was like 2 to 3 km long while the others either drove up or walked up. Then there was this long talk about what they do etc, and I actually sat through half of it till I realized that the other kids and my sis were having fun outside. Totally escaped and went to join them. :P Was trying to find sweet grass and I kinda succeeded, except it wasn't as sweet as the ones in Maine.

We then had a tour around, learned about plants, visited the goats, watched the boys act like boys looking out for insects. Then someone almost got bitten by a leech and that is when Marcus, Nick, and I all got paranoid of them. We were all like stamping around and never staying still which was very smart of us because actually leeches get attracted by vibrations. Oops!

Visited this waterfall nearby but I didn't even touch the water due to my sneakers and by the time I arrived, it was pretty crowded. My family, Uncle Mark, and Nick set off early. We arrived like 30 minutes before the others, so we played soccer. It was Nick, Lyd, and I against Daddy. Haha, very fair okay. Cause I was all breathless when we finally beat Daddy. Then, Dalton or whatever his name joined Daddy's team which was the smartest move ever. I mean, seriously. He was goooood. They totally beat us.

Night time was no biggy. Played Mafia, some games, and Daddy was hilarious. There was cherades and he had to act out Lion Dance. He starts dancing, and everyone's hand goes up. Jie Susan was like, "Okay, stop. STOP STOP!" cause he kept on dancing. :P Everyone was laughing like crazy hard.

Today, I skipped the last session as well. Tried to figure out Star War's LIFE. Failed, very unsuccessful. Got bored and played Skip Bo when Marcus joined. Played Heartattack too. :P Went swimming after that, played Fire and Ice which was extremely exausting because my sister and I were always Ice. I mean, pity the little fellows. And its exhausting, always swimming to resue the others. But when I was Ice, I had everyone frozen in 5 minutes. :D

Overall, it was fun. :D Plus, I bought Wonka candy from the awesome Jaya Grocer down the road, I'm serious, its amazing. Its like Cold Storage. Gobsters and Nerds, yea babeyy. (oh, and sorry for the absolute boring typical update of an outing. I just felt like writing the typical post). No pictures taken, at all. I'm serious. I was like anti-camera this time around.

Chech is all very happy and no longer grumpy now that her SATs are done and over with. She gets her results end of the month. And she's passing me her books, and I'm like, 'ooh, who am I suppose to give this book to?' and she's like, 'It's for youu, donkey.' WHAT? I still have until 2011. :D

I ♥ conversing in French with my Jie. Its just awesome.
I ♥ stalking people on Facebook. I mean, that's what Facebook is all about.
I don't ♥ doing school work. Which is what I should be doing because last week I hardly did any, and I brought books on vacation but was having too much fun, I didn't get any done. Math kills, and LA is so detailed, shoot me.

See y'all people tomorrow or whenever. :)
Westlife Swear it Again

No comments: