Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2 more days! :)


The Legend of the Candy Cane
by Lori Walburg

I feel like reading that book all over again. Its definitely a children's book, but its my favorite Christmas story. Its really nicely illustrated too, and you know that feeling when you read a really nice story with all the drawings? Sometimes I wish Narnia had drawings.

Anyhow, the last couple of days have not been nice. My voice has been disappearing and coming back again, and then I start talking and it cracks up. Its very disturbing.

Plus, I've been working non-stop and will take a test tomorrow - it's Christmas Eve! :-O All my parents seem to be pleased at is if I'm doing work. I don't even think my December "holidays" have been much like holidays, I've hardly gone anywhere except school.

I dread next year cause I have to work like a mad man, sorry I mean girl. My goal is to graduate July 2011, which is possible if I work really hard. And plus, I need to work extra hard to higher up my GPA. GRC's system of GPA really frustrates me. A 91% average is a GPA of 3, in GRC standard.

In STANDARD systems, 91% is A- which is a GPA of 3.6!

HAH. TAKE THAT. :D

I do not like our system. It makes me look.. I dunno. I just don't like it. Now I need to get a 4 on some of my subjects so I can higher it to at least 3.2 or higher.

But I guess it doesn't matter much, cause when colleges look at my transcript they see my average and not just my CGPA so maybe they'll use their system to calculate my GPA. Then I'll get a 3.5 or something. :)

Oh, but it doesn't matter anyway. The majors I'm considering don't even need high academic scores and all, since it all involves the left brain. So actually, I basically don't why I'm working so hard.

I GUESS IT'S CAUSE I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GRADUATE. :D

Heh. Enough rambling.

Anyhow, tomorrow's Christmas Eve. Going for a candlelight service and of course, staying up all the way till its Christmas day. Don't you just lovee Christmas. I heart it.

No comments: