Tuesday, March 16, 2010

bits and pieces


I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?


What do I know of You who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood but the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?


I guess I thought that I had figured You out
I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
How You were mighty to save
Those were only empty words on a page
Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees


What do I know of Holy?
What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?
And a God who gave life "its" name?
What do I know of Holy?
Of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows Your name
On earth and heaven above
What do I know of this love?


What do I know of holy?


Indeed, what do I know of holy. I have no idea of the dimensions of holy that Jesus possesses. I am sure I don't fear Him as much as I should. His holiness by far extends the amount of 'holy' any goody little christian tries to fulfill. We as humans could never define holy.

This world is so shallow. We center our lives, conversations, thoughts around the most meaningless things. What does it matter? We compromise with ourselves that we are 'holier' or better than she or he. Why don't we compare it to Christ? Compared to Him, I reach no where near 1 in the scale of 10.

Who am I compared to Him?
What is my level of 'holiness' compared to Yours?
What are my good deeds compared to what You've done?

Worthless without You. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

HAZEL! relink me:D betweenthisline.blogspot.com