Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday, and thankyous.

It feels like a Saturday, huh? I was about to hit the sack when I realized that tomorrow's not gonna be Sunday. Its Saturday tomorrow. Today is Friday.

This isn't an everyday Friday either. It's called Good Friday. About 2000 years ago, people didn't really think it as a good Friday. Only 3 days after, they realized how "GOOD" that Friday was. I think good is too simple of a word to describe it. It's indescribable. Amazing, incredible.

But if I didn't know that my Lord didn't resurrect in three days, it wouldn't be a good Friday at all.  Putting myself in Jesus' time, about 2000 years ago, I would be devastated.

If I were living during those times, I probably would of cried a million tears. My Lord is hanging on that cross, after being beaten to rags, scorned and spit on, and totally humiliated. As I watch, I would wonder why. What did my Savior do to deserve all this? What was happening? Maybe doubt was traveling through my mind. Is he really, truly, God? Was he the Messiah?

No, indeed. That was not a Good Friday.

Years later, we call it Good Friday because of the unconditional expression of love shown on that cross. Its truly amazing. I lose my breath every single time I think about it. Here I am, living my life, ungodly compared to how Jesus would truly want me to live life - yet He died for me!

I feel like the most unworthy person. I deserve to be dead, burning in hell. I don't deserve such a bountiful life which I live now. Why am I still living?

Because He loved me.

So many times, I dream about finding my future husband who will love the life out of me. Surely it would be my husband-to-be that will love me the most. But no. I realized that love is truly defined by the love that Christ has for me. It is soo HUGE. Its like, he's in love with me. And, honestly, I wonder why.

Thank you Jesus, for loving me. I am far from the most perfect girl on earth. I am not the most beautiful girl either. I make mistakes, I screw up, I hurt others, I am selfish. Yet you still love me.

Thank you Jesus, for giving friends and a family whom I can learn to love because You loved me. Although everyone has their bad points, and sometimes its hard to love when you feel like, "S/HE IS SOOOO IRRITATING", You loving them and You loving me, is a good enough reason why I should love them.

Thank you, beaucoup. :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Amen to that! I have similar thoughts on Good Friday (and a lot of other days of the year). I have a bit of a short temper and every time I get really irritated with someone (or a multitude of someones) I was always think "Oops." It helps when I remember that He loves me anyway. My mom used to have this sign that said "Nothing you do can make God love you any more or any less."

Good post! :)