Saturday, July 31, 2010

i'll hold on to you.

Movies are so inspirational. :) So are books. So this is what I've been spending my time on. Other than school work, college prep, SAT questions.. stuff that kills. :P

Movies;



.


StarStuck
Entirely predictable. I love the songs though. And Sterling Knight should really change his hairstyle and his voice should crack more, because he looks and sounds sissy. :P 7/10


.


.


.


.



.


The Might Ducks
Typical sport movie about a lawyer turned into a hockey coach.. It was pretty funny though. I could not stop laughing at some parts. 7/10
.


.


.


.


.



.


Tru Confessions
Okay, so this one is like, a must watch. I was crying throughout the movie.It is so sweet. It's an old Disney movie, but I think Disney movies should start creating more movies like this one - instead of all the Hannah Montana, HSM, and Camp Rock stuff. 9.5/10, I'm serious.


.


.


.


.


Books;



Sunrise
Don't you just love the cover. :) Its shoo prettyy. :D Karen Kingsbury is my other hero besides Jane Austen and C.S. Lewis. Its about two families, plenty of romance, but its Christian and realistic. In a way. I mean, cause Dayne in the book would never ever be real. I want to read the whole series! I'll give it a 8/10.


.


.


.



.


Sense & Sensibility
I read the book. I've come to the conclusion that guys in novels are so unrealistic. Seriously, it would be impossible to find someone as sensible as Edward. But now I want to watch the movie. 8/10


.
.


.


.



.


Wild at Heart
I'd give this a 10/10 because I think every guy should read this. And perhaps girls too, so we won't be so hard on the guys. :) Personally, I think I learned a lot about the opposite gender?
.


.
.


.



.


.


Captivating
... and I'm currently reading this. So far so good. :) By the same author and his wife of Wild at Heart. Just the girl version.


.


.


.


Other than indulging in books and movies, my life has been pretty busy. I'm so glad July is over. I feel accomplished too, because I managed to reach the target of 10 books. :) August is going to be crazy, I have to stop doing my beloved Math and catch up on my Science and History. Not to mention sports tournaments and DOE. D: oh,  and I'm gonna be ordering my SAT book already. :)


I think my week went extremely well. I don't know why, but I was just so content. I've been asking God for his peace and he's definitely filled me with it. Peace that transcends all understanding. It's like, I can be in the middle of a circumstance, but somehow I'm peaceful. Thank you Abba. xx.


Just a quick note before I close this post. (I need to go do SAT prep, read CNN, write a speech, and the list goes on) I really need your prayers. I have to decide by September the four colleges I'll apply to. And what major I want to study. Decisions, decisions. :\


And the peace of God
which transcends all understanding
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

No comments: