Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 1: A is for "Abstruse" Words

Abstruse words, indeed. I abominate my increasing large stack of vocabulary cards. I am aghast. It is utterly convincing that ETS wants to abash, abase, and abate my very well being. It has left me feeling inadequately adroit, neither has it given me an accolade for my knowledge, but only serves to adumbrate me of the tortures ahead. I wish I was agile in my ability to memorize words, but that is not the case. I accentuate and advocate you to start your memorizing at a early stage.

Talk about learning new words. I've learned at least 30 new words in a matter of 1 hour. And well, if you can actually understand the paragraph above - I'll say you have a huge vocabulary. :P (especially if you're Malaysian)

1st day of staying at home and prep-ing for the dreaded SAT. It was peaceful and relaxing, greatly contrasting a regular day in school. Only thing  is my mom is also staying at home with me, for the entire month of Oct - there goes my dream of freedom at home. Greeaattt, just great. :)

Also, today's the 1st day of my Facebook fast. I have to say, I decided to commit to such a fast at a moment's impulse. I'm not suffering - its only one day, and I've gone many a day's without Facebook before. It does get addictive in a way though, so I'm really glad I'm having this fast.

Off to making more vocab cards, deciphering my sister's messy handwriting, and reading more about the Math Section. Tomorrow's sports day at such an unheard of hour in the day. See y'all then - and my team is awesomee. :D

No comments: