Monday, February 7, 2011

of SuperBowls, Torres, and BlueRidgeMountains

So the Packers won, and I'm pretty surprised I lasted all the way until like 6pm before actually knowing the results. The thing with Malaysians is that NO ONE, okay I take that back, the majority doesn't even follow the Super Bowl. I completely understand if you don't follow the NFL, but this is the SUPER BOWL for goodness sakes. Even a person as clueless as me about football follows the Super Bowl.

Well yea, I go to school and no one even knows that the Super Bowl is taking place as we speak. Or at least, no one mentioned it?

I find it ironic how different cultures are. I mean, in America, everyone's probably watching the game, fan or no fan, but here people are ignorant of such a big event and are working - or still sleeping - OR caught up with Chinese New Year. I think cultures are very interesting.

Other than the Super Bowl, Chelsea played Liverpool yesterday night, and GUESS WHO WON? In my very honest opinion, I think $50million is just way TOO MUCH for a player even as great and as handsome as Torres is. So I'm pretty glad Liverpool won; it only proves that Liverpool can still survive without Torres. :p

Received my admission package from ASU today, thanks to old and faithful Fedex. :) Looks like coming Fall I may be taking a picture in front of Hazel Mountain of the Appalachians like I did 10 years ago.

Just finished Even Now by Karen Kingsbury which only strengthens my opinion that Karen is the best Christian fiction author of all times. Her books are so touching and so real. She illustrates such reality into her plots, yet there's always God the forgiver and miracles. :)

It's been a great day, and to add to the joy, I got 98% and 100% on my Math and History LPT, respectively. Gotta do some Science now, after wasting a few hours doing some very fast novel reading. ;)

Toodles. :]

No comments: