Friday, March 18, 2011

home alone

So I have to admit, I'm pretty glad it's Friday and school reopens coming Monday. Yea, I sound insane, but honestly, how nice can it get spending an entire week, aka 5 days, stranded at home with your computer, itouch, and books to keep you company? I'm practically suffering from lack of talking.

- Anyway, I've been keeping myself entertained in the kitchen. :) Seriously, I feel so domestic, it makes me proud. I think I make a good housewife. Yea, picture me laboring in the kitchen all day with an apron tied on, sweat pouring from my forehead, creating delicacies. No, I can't possibly imagine myself doing that for a living. That would be a sad life. I want a really interesting life, not one in the kitchen or at a desk, for another matter.

Back to the subject, I really was creating really yummy lunches.


Okay so I'm not good with names, but whatever it's called,
it's basically Vermicelli with garlic olive oil, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese.
It was good. :)


And then I made my chicken pot pie.
This is what it looked like before it was put into the oven.


The result made me feel like a very accomplished and experienced cook. HAHA.

Next up: FOCACCIA BREAD. ♥ My mommy's gonna teach me how to make it... soon. Because it's so good, I can't possibly imagine having to part with it when I part with.. my mommy? ;) But seriously, I think everyone should eat it at least once in their lifetime. I don't anyone could possibly not like it?

- Other than laboring in the kitchen, I've been doing the regulars - school work, being lazy, curling up on the couch doing the synonym of nothing, did I mention being lazy - plus indulging in movies...


Omg, I'd rate this a 8.5/10. It is SO funny and sweet all in one.
Seriously, I love love love the dry humor. :P

Anna You'll have to kill me before you get a dime.
Declan Now that's an idea.


Pretty typical Christmas, nanny sort of movie. 6/10 perhaps.
Of course, the guy's handsome and the girl's pretty...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Although I don't celebrate it. I know I'm a bit late, but theoretically speaking, I think it's still March 17th somewhere in the world at this moment. Don't ask me which part of the world though. Anyway, some people go all out for this event. As in, you dress in green, you eat greens, you go look for your four-leaf clover, you dye your spaghetti green. I'm not even exaggerating. So I saw this tweet by Christine Rampone - she's the USWNT soccer captain just in case you didn't know, and I'm pretty sure you didn't - and she dressed her daughter up for the event:

Isn't that cute or what?! Her name's Reece and she gets to travel with the USWNT when they go play in China, Portugal, wherever. That is so cool. I am totally jealous.

- On a more serious note, keep praying for Japan and Libya, in fact the whole world. I know quite a lot of people in Japan and I'm really grateful that none of them have been affected. However, think of the families who have been affected, and imagine what they're going through. It dawns on me on how blessed I am, and here I am complaining and being discontent over the smallest things.

- I gotta go study and take my horrid Math test which makes no sense whatsoever. Then there's that honors essay that I've been stalling on for at least a month already. Oh, and lunch. Always, the foooood. :) I've been eating so much if it weren't for my high metabolism and exercising, I would be fat. Mind the WOULD BE.

Till later! :)

No comments: