Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stuart Holden


Nigel De Jong breaks Holden's leg three months before the World Cup. He works hard and recovers in time to play for the WC. His dad dies from a rare tumor and Stu starts an organization named "Holden Heroes". Now, his knee gets gashed up by Jonny Evans, with the probability that he could miss the USMNT friendly against Argentina and the semifinals against Stoke in the FA Cup. Stuart Holden, I salute you. You're the reason I support Bolton. :)

DailyMail | Soccernet | Official Site

EDIT;
26 stitches on the knee, scheduled surgery in London on March 21st, and off the pitch for six months - missing the friendlies, semi-finals, EPL, Gold Cup... Taking it like a man. All the more, the reason I support you.

@stuholden says: "Just had a sincere phone call from Jonny Evans wishing me the best in my recovery, def wasn't intentional, just unfortunate part of the game."
@stuholden says: "I can promise you all I will come back stronger and better than before. Have had bad luck in the past and will continue to beat it. #bwfc"
@ileksua says: "Stuart Holden, 26 stitches 6 months out, took it like a man. Nani, 5 stitches 3 days out, cried like a bitch."
@euanholden says: "Off to London to take care of the big man @stuholden . Road to recovery starts today. Nothing can phase this guy. #incredible"
@hazelchazel says: Salutes to you, Stuart Holden. You've been through a lot in a matter of one year and taken it well. I respect you.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle says Holden "has such desire, strength of character and a winning mentality, and he will draw on all those attributes in his rehabilitation."

Okay so he seems to be taking it well, Jonny Evans even apologized, but seriously? I'm still pretty upset and angry about that tackle. 26 stitches and 6 months recovery is a lot to deal with. I've got tons to learn from you, Holden.

BBC News | ESPN | The Guardian | Soccernet

No comments: