Thursday, April 14, 2011

trusting You'll catch me

I’m letting go of the life I planned for me and my dreams,
I’m losing control of my destiny
It feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
So I’m letting go

Was reading Josh Brevick's blog, and his latest post about trusting in God put the word "trust" into a totally different perspective. Quoting him,

"So I was recently was praying to God... I was asking God, "God just let things work out this way, so that I can just avoid all the trouble of it." Then as I was reading the word something just clicked I guess you could say.

Trying to avoid troubles like that isn't trusting God.

If you know that God wants you to do something, don't avoid it because of troubles it might bring. God might be leading you to do something, but being afraid of the troubles that thing "might" bring is not trusting Him."

When I was in 3rd grade, my teacher taught us a little lesson on trust that I will never forgot. We all took turns to fall backwards and she would catch us. Now, she was pregnant and she expected us to free-fall backwards into her arms. However, we did as we were told and she caught each and every one of us.

This is trust. It's daring to go out into the unknown, leaving the comfort zone, because you trust that certain someone to be there and protect you. But without taking the risk, trust doesn't come into the picture. Trust goes hand and hand with danger. Why trust when there's no risk involved?

Trusting is a scary thing. With our human nature, we all tend to shrink back from trusting. We all seem to fail when others place their trust in us. But placing your trust in God is completely different. And I know for a fact, he'll be there to catch me whenever I dare to take the fall. :)

1 comment:

Josh said...

Haha... I am glad that what God showed me could be an encouragement to ya... glory to Him :P