Friday, April 22, 2011

Your Plans

Ever wonder why Good Friday was termed as 'good' when what happened on that day doesn't seem good at all, if you didn't know the whole picture. I'm pretty sure today got it's name only after Jesus rose from the dead. There's no way the disciples called this day 'good' after seeing Jesus being crucified.

Just the other day, on the 19th to be precise, I stumbled upon a verse as I read my daily proverb. Evidently, the verse had spoken to me before in an earlier encounter, because I had underlined it. I remember reading the verse for the very first time, a few months ago, probably on another 19th of the month. It was during the period of my life when I was applying for colleges and planning my future out. Well, this verse stuck out of the page like a sore thumb. (Except that sore thumbs don't stick out of pages, forgive my bad comparison.)

"Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21

I'm pretty sure the Pharisees and priests didn't plan for Christ's death to go the way it did. They wanted him dead and forgotten. That certainly didn't happen. I'm pretty sure the disciples didn't put it in their agenda that their master would be crucified on this Friday. Oh sure, they all had many plans. But it wasn't their plan that happened. Instead, it was the Lord's plan that happened. And that was the best plan ever made.

Even as we celebrate Easter this year, I want to remember and thank my Savior for being in control and letting his plan prevail all the time, even if at that very moment, it doesn't seem like the best plan. Thank you for being control of my life, for showing me your will, and helping me accept your plan for my life. Although things may not be going my way, I know it's your plan that is taking place. :)

No comments: