Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bible Verses Reminders

So my summer break has been very relaxing. I've been ambitiously dreaming up some craft and design projects to accomplish and I've finally started on two... and completed both.

Firstly, once my sister moved out of the Girl Cove in the basement, I took over and moved in. I spent an afternoon jamming to Hunter Hayes and cleaning it out of all the daddy long legs and dirt. I also put my profession into practice and rearranged it so that it looks like it is three times bigger than it was originally. After putting a fresh scent of Cinnamon Mango in a Scentsy warmer and opening the windows, I was very satisfied with the end result.

And then comes my Pinterest worthy project, putting some bible verses into these empty frames I found while cleaning the room out. The canvas size for each were only 2 by 3 inches so up came my devoted InDesign and I set up my document size appropriately. To save printer space, I opened a regular letter size and used the Rectangle Tool to draw four 2x3 boxes for guidelines.


Of course I picked some Bible verses that I need to remember in this season of my life. I've been really focusing on being a witness of Christ that these verses are just a really good reminder. Seeing them daily will really be an encouragement.

I've also recently been into colorful colors. Thus I have one that's blue, another green, yet another yellow-to-red, and finally a pink/purple one. I mixed up fonts and typography to get some variety while still trying to keep some consistency so that it doesn't look too incoherent.

The house printer wasn't printing so I ordered a print at Staples and got it colored printed on an 8.5x11 white card stock so there was some firmness. I picked it up a day later and cut out each one separately inside the black lines and framed each.


This is a really easy project but I really like the end result. You can put any phrases you want and it's really all about getting the text set up in a way thats professional but casual at the same time. If you want to know more about how to set up the InDesign file and what fonts I used - or any other specifications - feel free to comment on this post or email me.

No comments: