Thursday, July 19, 2012

More Pinterest

Whoever created Pinterest was a creative genius. Its been my source of inspiration and distractions in the past couple of weeks. When I said in my previous blog post that I had finally accomplished my first craft project, I had completely forgotten about my July 4th decors. And they account for something.

To start off, one must always do something to satisfy the stomach. Especially when the author herself has a huge stomach and extremely high metabolism, meaning she eats nonstop and puts all that extra fats to good use. I saw these adorable July 4th strawberries on Pinterest, yet again, and I had to make these little treats for myself.


These are made from real strawberries, melted white chocolate chips, and food colored blue sugar. One thing for sure, they aren't as easy as they look. The chocolate was the main problem. I definitely expected it to go on smoother. Just a little hint: don't microwave the chocolate chips for too long. I speak from experience. One second they're looking like a beautiful white ocean of goodness and the next second, they're black.

My other project was using part Pinterest creative juices, part my own creative juices.


Inspired by these blue star garlands that I saw on Pinterest, I decided to create my own blue star garland... in the form of a necklace.


It turned out really well! I made it on July 3rd and then while getting dressed on the fourth, I realized that my necklace had gotten into a pretty big knot overnight. After struggling with it for an hour at the least, I finally gave up and had to restring all the stars. Therefore, my hint - again, learned through experience - is to store this necklace really well if you intend to (1) wear it someday or (2) wear it often.

The stars are made out of this really thin, kinda see-through paper that I bought from Michael's. I bought two 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper and cut out 0.5 x 8.5 strips from it. You can make paper stars by following the directions listed here. Since my mother had taught me how to make paper stars from a really early age, I didn't have any trouble with perfecting them. It does take some practice to make them perfect though. Sharp nails is a plus when pushing in the edges to inflate the stars.

Those were my two July 4th crafty projects. If that was all you were here to read about, you are free to click the x button at the top of your screen. I am about to go off into a soccer tangent - I do that often. But one more thing somewhat related to this, have you ever watched Craft Wars on TLC? Cool show. I've had two people tell me, "You should go on that show." I wouldn't mind.

--


Fernando Torres and his little children, Nora and Leo,
after winning the EURO 2012 Cup with the Spanish national team.
//
I'm sorry but is there anything cuter than a really cute soccer player and his little cute mini hims. I think not. Plus it makes him seem more humane. I might just have to become a Chelsea/Spain fan. Being a Spain fan isn't hard, I mean Spanish guys playing soccer. It doesn't get better than that. Chelsea fan? That isn't happening anytime soon unless Clint Dempsey joins them. I don't think I can compromise with John Terry when he has some issues.

Speaking of Clint Dempsey, rumors has it that he might be playing for the Liverpool Reds next season. I don't know, my daddy's wish of me becoming a Liverpool fan just may come true. On the other hand, he'll have to become a Clint Dempsey fan.

Babysitting Adventures
-when you're in charge of one eleven year old, three goats, two rabbits...


Babysitting the Asian way. He was being a bad boy.


You got to get him under control somehow.


Goats and person on the loose. Oh no!


And then I tried to take a picture with Moonshine...


.... she bit my hair. :(


I'm having a pretty great summer. How about you?

No comments: