Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ruffled, Tiered Skirt

This is what it started out as:


This is what it became:



This is such a good beginner's sewing project!Simply go to Walmart or some other store that sells fabric and buy a fat quarter for each tier you want. The last tier will most probably need two far quarters instead of one. I found an awesome tutorial via Pinterest that gave me step by step directions on how exactly to sew it. It also provided this awesome calculator to give you all the measurements you need. Just provide the measurements of your waist and how long you want the skirt to be.

The link to the tutorial is here.

This was such a great summer project and I am so satisfied with the end result! Big credits to Mrs. Perreault for teaching me how to use a sewing machine and guiding me along the way.

Can't believe there's only a week until my summer break is over. Gonna enjoy it in the best way possible. :)

P/s. All the best to the US Women Soccer Team as they take on Japan in the Gold Medal Match tomorrow. You know I'll be rooting for them every second of the way. Go for GOLD.

No comments: