Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hey, I just met you.


There's something with Americans that makes them so outgoing. Just saw the parody of "Call Me Maybe" that the US Olympics Swim Team made, it's hilarious.

Anyway, so I'm really having a great summer. I love watching the Olympics with a free conscience that I really don't have anything better to do. Soccer will never fail to entertain me and the other sports are pretty entertaining as well.

Other than gluing my eyes to the TV screen, I have been doing some minor crafty projects here and there. I have started on a pretty major task of sewing a skirt that I will write an entire post about... once I actually get around to finishing it. But so far I've made quite a few duck-tape wallets and a wood burning art piece. (Once the sun actually makes an appearance from behind these storming clouds, I shall snap some better pictures of my wallets.)


As for this, pictured above, this is my wood burning masterpiece. It takes some amount of skill and patience to use a magnifying glass and a beam of sunlight to burn this design into the wood. But I'm really happy with the end result and glad I could show my support to the women as they embark towards winning the gold medal!

(A little update on that, they beat Colombia 3-0 - just as I predicted - and have qualified for the quarterfinals. They'll play North Korea coming Tuesday to decide their group position before moving onto the quarterfinals and onwards.)

Don't miss out these once-in-four-years Olympics games! :)

No comments: