Saturday, October 27, 2012

Inspiration: Jay DeMerit

"The poorest man is not without a cent,
but without a dream."

Recently watch Rise and Shine: The Jay DeMerit Story, now showing on Netflix. Best documentary by far. At least, to me because (1) I usually hate documentaries but (2) this one was about a subject I really like! Not only was it about soccer (which I love in general) but it was about an American guy fighting for his dream of playing soccer in a world full of Greenbay football fans. I have never had so much passion about soccer gaining popularity in this football-centered America. And this documentary just emphasized and explained how important soccer is to every other part of the world.

Besides that, this documentary focused on a dream-motivated guy, Jay DeMerit, and his fight to achieve those dreams despite being all the way in England with not a cent in his name, knocking on doors at training grounds, asking around for trials just so he could play his beloved game.

& he achieved his dream!

I think all soccer/football-ignorant people should watch this, just so they realize how insanely intense football is around the entire world, especially in Europe, extra especially in England. And how, in spite of being like every regular boy and man in Europe, with a dream to play football professional, Jay DeMerit managed to achieve his dream and play for the Premier League. THE Premier League. I don't think anyone would get the significance of that unless they're football educated like me.

Conclusion: great life story documentary. I'm officially a fan of the Vancouver Whitecaps now. And congrats on the engagement, Jay. :)

No comments: