Monday, January 21, 2013

Hold Up, Readers!

So its MLK day and I sign into blogger my only intension being looking at where my latest readers have been coming from. My shocked eyes see the astonishing truth: my reader stats have falling drastically in the last past week since changing this URL. Allow me to apologize for changing things up so drastically, leading many of you to my beautiful, but stationary, webpage and giving you only a little Blogger icon at the lower right corner to figure out where this blog went. As my stats have told me, it seems like many of you didn't connect the dots that the little Blogger icon would lead you here. Instead, you formed the conclusion that this blog is gone forever... also wrong. I could never throw away a blog of five years.

So, in benefit of you, my readers, as well as this blog's stats, let me inform you once and for all that this blog's URL has been changed to: www.blog.hazelchazel.com

Bookmark it, favorite it, visit often... I have not yet abandoned it.

As I started out saying at the very beginning of this post, it is indeed Martin Luther King Jr's day! Ironically, last Saturday, just two nights ago, my roommate and I watched this:


What a great movie! I would put it in the same category as those like The Blind Side, The Pursuit of Happyness,  Freedom Writers, etc. It made me cry my eyes off. It made me think of injustice. It made me horrified by how things were during those times. It made me even more horrified that, in areas of the world, today - now - present day - injustice just like that is still going on.

"18 people were killed in Jackson that night. 10 white and 8 black. I don't think God has color in mind when he sets a tornado loose."

God don't got color in mind when he's judging, either.

Speaking of great movies and such, I was watching the Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots game yesterday night when I hear the commentator say Michael Oher. Funny how you know The Blind Side is a true story and you know that Michael Oher plays professionally in the NFL but you never really connect the two dots. I know I'm kinda slow, but I'm not that type of football fan - like I am a soccer fan - that knows pretty much all the players on a team. Just to set the record straight, I'm actually a disappointed Patriots fan - but in all honesty, the Ravens had a much better game and deserved that win.

Its watching an American football game like that, when there's 7:20 minutes on the clock remaining and the Patriots need two more touchdowns and a 2-point conversion, when I am reminded yet again why I'm a REAL football (AKA soccer) fan and not an American football fan. Because,

1, if this was soccer, it wouldn't be impossible to tie the game up, and score two more goals with 7:20 minutes remaining. Instead you are engaged till the very last second of the game, knowing anything can happen. American football, now... 30 minutes before the game is over I'm seeing people posting on Facebook that the game is over. There's 30 minutes left of the game! What's the point of watching the game if, half way through, you already know the outcome.

2, it doesn't take 100 commercial breaks to watch a full soccer game. No it actually doesn't take any commercial breaks at all, except at halftime.

3, you know you're a REAL football fan when the receiver goes beyond the last safety guard at the point of the throw and you're like, "OFFSIDES!" Oh wait, this is American football.

No comments: