Sunday, July 22, 2007

Fun...(pics are up)

Was camp fun? Okay, admit it, it ROCKED! It was so fun to ride the flying fox, even if it was scary climbing to 60 stairs and sitting at the edge. Do you realize it's not a proper seat, you're hanging! I'll post the pics at the end of this...so you can see how scary it is. It's very scary.

Friday, July 20

We went to school extremely early...everyone seemed to come early on that day. We were all excited and hyper-very-a bit too much...and got late for school. Anyway, the day finally passed. And then we started the long process of waiting for the bus... and a few other things happened...I don't need to mention...if you know, you know, if you don't, then too bad...

The bus finally arrived. I bet by the time we got on the bus, the people in the vans already arrived! So sad! I almost got car sick cause the trip took about 1 hour and a half! Wasn't it a big relief to get out...and very exciting too! So fun to explore...

No electricity and water. It was extremely hot and
sticky. Can you imagine trying to cook dinner without electricity and water? I really respect the Alpha team cause they really did a great job. And washed up all the dishes! Great Job!

After dinner we all got ready for the night jungle walk. We went to zone B and sat down on all those ants and had briefing. Then we had to practice a cheer for our team. We were about to start when it started to drizzle. So all of us trooped into the mass hall and had a talk and praised the LORD! It was such a wonderful time. Just to feel His presence. Surrounding us. God is good! If we went to the jungle walk this wouldn't have happened...I so glad it did happen...

Slept late that night. Went into our dorm and hanged out. Benut and Raquel were going hyper and acting. Isaac called and was being sick again. We just had a great time. I feared I was gonna fall off my bunk but I didn't. Praise God!

Saturday, July 21

Woke up at 7:15. Was so thirsty but too lazy to get down my bunk to get water. Finally I did cause I heard a lot of noises outside. Anyway, I changed and found out from shabi that something happen. Anyway, I really only want to mention the positive things. It was a kinda stressful day because of that incident. It got resolved though. We went to have breakfast and then flying fox briefing and then my team, Gama, and Shabi as the leader, went to the Flying Fox. Man, was I scared. Dead scared. I waited till the second last then finally ventured up. Climbing the steps was so hard! I didn't count I just looked straight ahead. But sitting on the edge was so scary! OMG! I am so light that I couldn't even touch the edge. Anyway, once I was gliding down and after I had screamed for a few seconds, I really decided that it was fun. Looking down at the pond was so beautiful. And peaceful. And since I'm so light, I didn't fly like the others. Which is a relief...

Pond rafting after lunch was really fun. Our raft might of not lasted when we pulled in out of the water but it lasted for two rounds since we had to go back. And it doesn't matter if we didn't win, if our raft didn't last...as long as we learned how to work together. I admire the team whose raft broke the minute it was in the water and they had to swim because they still worked together and brought all the pieces with them and still won. You guys still did a great job...

We decided to do the night jungle walk that night but it was canceled because of the weather. Instead we had a time a fellowship. And then Beeps, Zozo, Melinda, and I went
outside and took pictures! Real nice ones! I'll have to get them from Benut first. And then I'll post them. We then went to the dorm and took more pics. Then when it was just all 4 of us alone, except for my sis who was sleeping, we talked gurly chat. Using secret code too. It was really fun. I can't believe Beeps is turning into a girl!

Sunday, July 22

The last day. And today. Anyway, I was waken up by Bee bee. Well, the I hitched up into Zoe's bed and eavesdropped on my sis and Beeps. LOL! Sometimes it was too hard not to laugh!

We had free time after breakfast and sat at the mass hall most of the time and played truth or dare. Actually, I mean, truth or truth. The questions were so dump! First of all, Robert's was half dead. It seemed like that anyway. And that's probably why he asked stupid questions. And then Sarah, asked what type of underwear we wear! OMG! Who cares! Anyway, we had fun and then hanged out till lunch time.

After lunch was awards time. 3rd place was BETA. They did a great job! 2nd place was SIGMA. I am so proud of them. They really did a good job and worked together and really deserved the price! And 1st place? ALPHA! Such a wonderful group of leaders for the upcoming Youth Rally...

Yes, I'll conclude that the camp truly did ROCK and I had a lot of fun. Even if the first day was quite stressful for my team, and that night was a night of fun for the girls, but a night of distress for the boys, and on Saturday it was a day of, hmm, tests, I really am glad I went and I learned a lot. I learned to be brave and overcome my fears. To be patient and to calm down and "chill" when things seem to go wrong. I realized that God is the Light and when we have Him as our light the world will seem so dark. I learned that even if we did have a lot of failures and stressful times, we should just remember the good times. Right?

Picture...coming soon...visit www.picasaweb.google.com/mathmerized to see some. More coming up later...

taa daa! Here they are...
Hanging Out!
Us Girls!
Happy FacesBright and Awake!Cheese
Sistas! Don't we look alike?
Flying fox is so scary...
Getting off is such a relief!
Hang on tight!
Smile

No comments: