Friday, August 3, 2007

Keep on Trying

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Just now, as I was cleaning my room, I was crawling under the bed to get something. I kept on trying to get on my knees so I wouldn't be flat on my stomach but the bottom of the bed prevented me. I kept bumping my head.

Did you know that getting into the kingdom God is just like crawling under a bed? You're focused on your goal and sometimes it's hard to continue going through the narrow path and you stretch out trying to widen your boundaries. But God's always there to push you back into track. He doesn't force us though, if we want to get out, he'll let us.

Yep, we're all wiggling through the narrow path of life. We bump our head sometimes and are discouraged and want to back out. But our goal is in front and we are almost there. We need to push on and keep on trying. Focus our eyes on the price.

Keep on pushing on. Don't give up. The price is in front and the path is growing shorter and shorter. Focus your eyes and continue to press forward.

No comments: