Thursday, November 29, 2007

"it's my pleasure"

Last couple of days haven't been boring. I'm glad I actually have something to do instead of just sitting there. I'm not blaming all the bored people. I just am glad I'm not one of them.

Why not boring? I've been volunteering in my mom's company, World Vision. I'm pretty much occupied cutting this, pasting that. On Monday there was this huge stack of letter for me to fold. And as for my sis, she is busy and excited about making sheep. No kid. It's an interesting factory. Making sheep. She has 150 'sheep' to make. I'm suppose to help her, but I don't enjoy it. It's too messy for miss clean hazelchazel.

Whenever someone giving me a task and and continuously says her thanks about "coming and helping us out" I wish I could reply with a confident mind and heart, "it's my pleasure." But is it really a pleasure? Sitting there all day, folding a thousand and one letters. Pasting 100 and 1 stamps? Cutting out so many fliers?

Yea, maybe I do get bored. My hands are so dried up from helping my sis sand down her wonderful collection of sheep. And so hardened from gripping the paper cutter. I continue to tell myself that I'm working for the Lord. (World Vision is a Christian organization.) But do I really take pleasure in what I do?

So many times we do things just because we have nothing better to do. Because we're forced to. Because we're bored. Half the time when people thank you, you feel like saying, "No probs. I don't mind." But you don't exactly enjoy it either.

I wish that when I ask people to do something for me that they would answer, "it's my pleasure." And I wish that when someone ask me to do something, I'll reply, "it's my pleasure." And when we say that, that we'll really mean it from the bottom of our hearts. That we would really take pleasure in what we're doing. (even if we don't get paid)

Next time when someone asks, I'll reply, "It's my pleasure."

No comments: