Monday, December 15, 2008

forever after ever.

I like simplicity. Black, white, silver. Maple leaves. :D

So, it just finally sunk in that Christmas is like a week away. It was, "What, it's next week?!" and my sis assured me and said, "Yea it is, YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT?" Muahah, sorry leh. Time flies too fast.

I've already had 3 Christmas over here in hot, bright, and sunny Asia.  I guess its still really hard to accept the fact that there isn't ever gonna be a White Christmas here, or a real Christmas tree fresh from the woods, no merry fire place where we warm our toes. And Christmas doesn't seem complete without coldness and snow to look at outside of the window.

There's always a small tree here. I had a small tree in 2005 and 2006 here. Cause it was my aunt's and she didn't have children so she lend it to us. Last year, I went to Cambodia. No tree. This year, no tree. We have a fireplace instead. :) But, Christmas isn't about the tree, and that's why I liked the way we celebrated Christmas in Maine. There, you decorate your house with meaningful ornaments. Every single one was different and unique. It had its own story to tell. We'll trek out into the woods and get fern to make wreaths. And people stuffed stockings there. I guarantee you, stockings are so much better than a present!

And February 1st was when you had to take down all your ornaments. It was a law. :P I'm serious.

I miss Christmas the way it was in Maine. Over here, Christmas is just a season, just some regular usual public holiday, since we have so many here! I can't feel the reason for the season, like I could in Maine. And I really wanna have a memorable Christmas again, with Jesus in the middle of my focus.

Christmas isn't about trees, ornaments, wreaths, fireplaces. It isn't all about presents, gifts, presents, gifts. It isn't about seeing snow and feeling warm wrapped up in bundles. Those are only parts of Christmas that add up to the wonderful holiday. You wanna whats the awesomest about it? When the people around you, and you as well, know the reason for Christmas. And they live it. And that's what I miss. And that's what I want this year. I love you Jesus. Thankyou. (:

Anyway, Zoe! Let's review the alphabets. wakaka. :)

A. Attached or single? Single. :D
B. Best friend? None. Well, you could say Becka Boo. Miss youu!
C. Cake or pie? Pie, definitely pie.
D. Day of choice? Hm, I like Fridays.
E. Essential item? My journal. hahaha!
F. Favourite colour? Same as Zoe. Sky blue, white, black and light purple.
G. Gummy bears or worms? Gummy worms, thankyouverimuchi.
H. Hometown? Err, Massacusetts or Maine, whichever.
I. Favorite indulgence? Oreo and milk. Gummies! :)
J. January or July? July.
K. Kids? Well, d'ohh. 3 or 4. :P
L. Life isn't complete without? God, and only God.
M. Marriage date? Hmm, February.
N. Number of magazine subscriptions? Zerroo.
O. Oranges or apples? Apples. Granny Smiths!
P. Phobias? Like I would tell. You'll just think of ways to make it worse.
Q. Quotes? Hm, do I quote?
R. Reasons to smile? Cause Jesus is my rock, and he rolls my blues away!
S. Season of choice? oohhhh! WINTER!
T. Tag 10 people. You, you, you, you, and YOU (2x)
U. Unknown fact about me? I think it's known, but who cares. I dread talking on phones.  Seriously have phobia. Wanna know why? Ask me yourself. :P
V. Vegetable? Watermelon. It is a vegi!
W. Worst habit? hahah,  I wouldn't tell you either.
X. X-ray or ultrasound? I wouldn't want either.
Y. Your favourite foods? Japanese, Korean, Western, Vietnam
Z. Zodiac sign? Born in the year of dog. But, what does it really matter?
--
oh, and by the way..
Happy 17th Birthday,
Chanelle Bella. :D

No comments: