Friday, January 30, 2009

You're looking for a child, just like me.

Audiolovin' Your Eyes - Hillsong Kids
WOW. January is over already, and the second month of the year is already here. Just a brief post about things I've learned.. just steps closer to that child God wants me to be.

Judging people. Mother Theresa said, "If you judge people, you have no time to love them." How true that is! Everyone has their mistakes, weak points, and if we can't overlook those bumps and rough edges, we'll never be able to see the good side in them.

I've fallen for that trap before. I always quickly put a finger on the bad part of a person. And I fail to see the good in them. Fail to love them for who they are.

What would Jesus do. Imagine if Jesus judged us. Imagine if he only saw the negative side, and coudn't see through all the dirt and rust where the gold still remains. If he hadn't looked pass all that filth, he wouldn't of loved us, and we would be dead in our transgressions right now.

 Humbling myself. 1 Peter 5:6 was definitely the verse of the month for me. God gave me some clear directions about something he told me to do, and when I obeyed and humbled myself, he honored me. And in due time, he raised me up.. in ways I couldn't even imagine. :)

Obeying Him. Nothing counts more when you listen to that whisper.

Looking into those eyes... The years started off with lots of things I'm active in. Its really gonna be a full speed busy year ahead! God taught me that when I focus on Him, keep Him in the center of my life, He'll give me strength for everything I have to do. And when I do so, He starts this fire inside of me FOR HIM, that is indistinguishable. :D

...for a child, just like me! Best of all, I'll never forget that I was made in His image, to do His will, to be His very own child. Nothing's better knowing that someone wants you, that you are chosen! =)
Your eyes search the world over kings and queens
Looking for a child just like me.
Here I am, I'm Your child, open arms I will serve You;
Here I am, I'm Your child, all my days I will love You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'rе so aωesome! I don't suppоѕe I've read through ѕomething
likе this before. So great to ԁiscover anοtheг person ωith а few genuine thoughts on this ѕubjeсt mattеr.
Seгiouѕlу.. thanκ уou foг
startіng thіѕ up. This sitе iѕ sοmethіng that is needed
оn the ωeb, ѕomeone ωith a bit of originalitу!


My site gps watches