Monday, May 4, 2009

spoiled.

When I was a little girl, living in this beautiful condominium that was furnished, had a dishwasher, and everything I could ever want of a house, I remember one week before a snowy Christmas, my dad came home from work. He came up, put down his stuff, and with a mysterious smile, disappeared out the door again. I immediately followed him out into the hall and watched him through the window as he brought up two huge boxes.

Our whole family was in a furry of excitement as we opened the boxes. I recalled that the first items taken out was a Eeyore and Tiger. :) After that, came boxes of different sizes wrapped in the most colorful Christmas wrapper. There were at least 40 gifts, about 10 for each person in the family.

Of course, my sister and I were beyond control, jumping up and down, and arranging our gifts under the Christmas tree. I guarantee you, it filled that Christmas tree to the maximium.That was definitely my #1 Christmas. The whole morning on Christmas day was spent opening my presents. Art sets for me, sewing baskets and materials for my sister, warm clothes for winter, etc.

My mom called it as being 'spoiled'. Probably my first time experiencing being spoiled. Well, it was the first time I realized the definition of that word.

Do you ever feel like God never did anything for you? Like he has never blessed you in such a way that you start jumping for joy? Has God ever spoiled you?

Now imagine this. Its almost Chirstmas time, but it has not been a good year for you. You dad is about to be executed for the crime you and your family committed. Suddenly one day, in the mail, a huge, brightly wrapped present arrives at your door. Your family surronds it, and inside is just a small letter. All it states is that someone has died in place for your dad.

And that's what Jesus did for your sin.

I just want to tell you this, I'm darn spoiled. Spoiled way beyond than what I deserve. Don't you think having someone die for my sin is already enough? Spoiled enough? Then why are we always blaming God for not doing enough, not being around when we're suffering?

If God doesn't anything else for you, don't you think he has done enough already?

But God loves me so much, He's done even more for me. :)

I'm not saying God won't help you anymore or anything, but why do we expect him to? If he doesn't do more, we blame him. Heck, he's done enough. So even if you have to go through sufferings, hardships, trials for him, do realize what he has done for you. And honestly, he doesn't really have any reason why He should do more, so just be thankful of what He has already done.

And because of this, I can jump in joy and touch the sky. Even if I don't have a boxful of presents, and even if life isn't the way I want it to be, even if I get so stressed sometimes, He's done enough. For me.

What about you?

No comments: