Thursday, December 9, 2010

Of PKs, sand, and roomies :)

Just came back from an amazing 3 days at camp in Kuantan. It was probably the first camp I where I didn't know everyone - as in a school camp or church camp - and people are from everywhere around Malaysia. However, there was one particular thing we all had in common - we were all PKs. Somehow that simple common trait made me feel I could relate to them in a very real way.

I could give you this huge description of what we did throughout the entire time, but that would be pretty boring. Therefore, just as a summary, here's a few things that I count memorable during this time.

#o1. PKs should never be stereotyped. I went to this camp telling myself, "DON'T STEREOTYPE." And indeed, I'm really glad I didn't. Because we are all so different, even if we share a lot of things in common. We had the queer category which consists of David Low, and only him. We had the extremely extrovert ones (that kept everyone awake on the bus). And well, we concluded that we are all weird and unique in our own special way.

#02. PKs should never be held down by the expectations placed upon them. I think that's a big weakness in me that I broke away from during camp. So many time, we as PKs, are pressured by all these expectations upon us, we act and do all the right things. We get a spirit of control and become like a puppet pulled by strings, doing everything as a routine, an expected thing from us. However, we should break out of such a spirit and do things simply because we have such a strong relationship with God, we want to do it.

#o3. PKs are special. God has a soft spot for his sons and daughters and we as PKs are sons and daughters of pastors who are sons and daughters of God. (If that made sense to you.) God has given each and everyone of us a different destiny, and it isn't always in the ministry. That has got to be a stereotype: you go into ministry if you're a PK. But in fact, God has given us different gifts in different fields, even in the secular world. We are to be the light in the darkness, in every field in this evil world.

I was truly blessed by this experience, and I hope all the others who went were blessed too. :) Don't forget what you've learned from this experience, and continue impacting the world. :)

It's 9.45pm and I'm working tomorrowww. :O

No comments: