Thursday, February 24, 2011

Moments like this

It's times like this, raindrops falling on the rooftop, when I'm so grateful for life. Not that I live a fairytale life - far from it - but my blessings are far more outstanding than my problems.

Just a few days ago, as I was helping my beloved Bee in her Math, she suddenly asked me, "Hazel, are you happy to be leaving?" I thought about it before I answered her, "It's kind of like a bittersweet thing. I mean, I'm really excited but at the same time, scared." I always thought high-school would last for what seems like forever. The future is like a big uncertain territory.

The thing is, I love where I am right now. The friends I have, the openness, the community, and the faith we share. I love it when we go to parties and pray for the birthday girl as well as gather together as a body of Christ to pray for someone. I love being able to talk about issues from a Christian point of view with my peers. I love the unconditional love they have for me, and I for them. I love the simple moments that make me laugh.

Moments like today. Going to PE and playing captain's ball. (Speaking of PE, my team beat 'em flat, I scored a million goals, fell on my butt, and wished I was a guy so I could join the soccer game.) Walking to 7-11 in the rain, drinking slurpees, and overreacting over the news that Zac Efron hooked up with some girl who's OLDER THAN HIM. Having conversations about undergarments and beer bellies. Getting texts from my gals which made me LOL. :) Even doing my horrible Math is a moment I wouldn't change.. ever. Or coming home to a stack of work so high, I'm surprise I have time to blog this. But the thing is, I'm grateful for my life just as it is. Yes, with all the imperfections too.

To sum it all up, I'm glad that I, like Paul said, have learned the secret of being content. You might say, "It's different for you, you're in an easy position and life is going fine for you." but that's not true. Sure, I don't have your problems, but I have my fair share of problems as well. Not complaining, just stating. But despite it all, at the end of the day, I can smile and say, "Today was a good day. I'm happy with my life." Because, truly, I am.

No comments: