Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In God's Supply Box

So, the packing has begun and so far, so good. I've been digging up so many memories, and not wanting to let go off that torn piece of paper or faded friendship bracelet that holds a precious memory. But as the saying goes, "Memories Last Forever" without person or possession to help you remember it.

Anyhow, I stumbled upon a paper where I had written a little poem. It brought a smile to my face and I'm actually pretty impressed with my effort. I'm guessing I was maybe 13 at the time of writing it. Thought I'll share it with you guys:

In God's Supply Box..
Dear Child, when you can't seem to see what is ahead,
I have a new pair of glasses for you to put on.
When you make a mistake, there's always an eraser with me that you can borrow,
or white out if the scar is too big.
Don't worry if someone has hurt you,
because I've got a full box of bandages at different sizes and shapes and the best detol ever, called love.
When you're scared, you can crawl under my bed, it's dust free.
If you happen to need any help, you can dial 333 and I'll pick up.
It's almost like 911 but you don't have to answer questions, you get to ask them.
Secrets are always secrets, and if you find you can't trust anybody with them,
you can trust me, I promise you that.
This is what I give you, my child.
It's your choice to believe, to trust.
I don't want to be an abnormal person to you, I want to be real.
So never forget this, my child.
I have glasses, erasers, bandages, and detol waiting for you.
My phone number is really easy to memorize and my ear is always listening.
Now it's your turn to come.

Have a blessed week! :)

No comments: