Monday, July 25, 2011

July Update #2

Less than 3 days now before I board the plane and fly to America, where the next chapter of my life begins. The last couple of weeks have been pretty exciting, running around shopping for stuff, meeting the friends for the last time, and of course, you can never cross out soccer. So speaking of all the above, here is my second update of this month:

Sunday, July 17th, 2011 - Women's World Cup Final

2am, like a loyal alone fan. :)
with bloodshot eyes, a running nose, and looking like a sight.

I wish I could say with full conviction "It was worth it", but honestly, I'm not sure if it was. I made a drama at the mamak shop because every other customer wanted to watch the Brazil vs Paraguay game (screw Copa America) and here am I, hardcore US fan. (with my face painted and ribbons in my hair) Thankfully, they were kind enough to allow me to watch the game with no further interruptions, and then it was no longer Astro's fault, the customers'/mamak store's fault, but simply...

JAPAN'S FAULT. Hahaha, okayy, so it was a good game. I think a lot of people enjoyed it, if they were attached neither side, or if they were a hardcore Japan fan. But I did not enjoy it. To think that my team was this darn close to winning THE World Cup, and just let it slip through their fingers. I hate penalty kicks. I still love Hope Solo, Abby Wambach, Alex Morgan.. the whole US Women's team.

But truly, kudos to the Japanese team, who have never failed to surprise the whole world in this tourney. :)

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 - Girly Time


Okay, so people are always asking, "What do girls do at sleepovers?" In answer to that question, we hung out watching YouTube videos of sweet love stories including Bee's brother's wedding video etc. Then like domestic girls, we walked to Jaya Grocer and went grocery shopping for our scrumptious steak dinner. (And took a picture in the middle of the road *points above) Basically, all the regular stuff girls do, cook, eat, talk, laugh, watch movies, fall asleep while we're midway watching The Proposal. Speaking of that movie, I have no idea what's up with me always watching it when it's way past my-eyes-are-still-open time.

(Sorry about the bad quality pictures, with five girls around, there wasn't a single digital camera. And then we went for my farewell dinner, and out of twenty people, still no camera. -.-)

Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 - Mamak, Shopping, and Dinner


So Saphie arrived before the two sleepyheads (guess who?) were even up. Went for brunch at the mamak store downstairs. Hung out at the pool for a bit. Came back and painted our nails. Headed to One Utama. Walked through the park to get there, and well, Sarah got distracted and forced all of us to wear these flowers in our hair and take a picture. Shopping took a while, we came back and started the hectic process of getting ready. Bee was obviously the first ready. Put on these facial masks - the picture shall not be posted here for the sake of our sanity. Curled Saph's hair. Got into our pretty dressesss. <3 Headed to Rosemary Bites... yes we were late.


Thank you so much to my girls and everyone else who made this dinner possible. Big thanks to Saph for putting together that sweet video that I didn't get to finish watching, but sweet nevertheless. Thank you everyone for coming and making it enjoyable. Thank you to the ones in the video who said such kind things about me. I love all of you so very much and I'm gonna miss you all bunches.

Sunday, July 24th, 2011 - Lunch and Dinner with the Relatives

So I had lunch with my grandmother at this Japanese restaurant somewhere in the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, I actually don't know where we were. It was pretty good. She loved it so much she even asked for the business card, so I guess that's a good thing. My parents are really bad translators, btw. I mean, waitresses were talking to me in Chinese and I'm like "Mom, mom, mommyyyy....." That happened multiple times at dinner too and I was expected to reply?

Dinner was ohhmyyygoosshh, so yummy. I think I ate the most out of the entire group. Met up with my father's side and had steamboat. Did I mention it was so good? Overall, good get together with my aunts and uncles and cousins. :)

--
Well that's about it. Gonna finalize my packing, let's hope it doesn't exceed 50lbs each, because it would be really hard to decide what not to bring. :\ I mean, I already had to part with my teddybears, and am really tempted to bring one of them... by holding it in my arms as I circle the world. HAHAHAHA.

No comments: